Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I still have factory chimes after deck install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I still have factory chimes after deck install?

Hey all, i just installed a double din screen using the data retention harness with chime box, everything works great but know I have the chime box working as well as the factory chimes, wasn't I suppse to lose the factory chimes, it's anooying and I'd like to keep new chimes cuz I like the way they sound better anyways

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Re: Why do I still have factory chimes after deck install?

because its part of the car..? and not the stereo.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Yup system is not on radio.
      MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

Then why would the package say that the module I put in is necessary to maintain factory chimes, not to mention the other 1000 people who all say that you will lose your chimes if you take out the radio

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

not the factory chimes....the driver information center goes away. that has nothing to do with the chimes

Comment

Go and get a refund on the door chime adaptor. The douchbags at Bestbuy tried selling me the chime adaptor when I bought my stereo, I told them the G6 is a different system.
            MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

i pm'd you about this. theres a switch on the chime adapter that you just gotta shut off. since this harness came with the chime adapter i sent it to you lol. i got it from crutchfield.
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                i pm'd you about this. theres a switch on the chime adapter that you just gotta shut off. since this harness came with the chime adapter i sent it to you lol. i got it from crutchfield.
                I looked at crutchfield and it suggested I buy the chime thing also for 200 bucks. do you really need it. I have the Metra's 99-3303 already.

Comment

Originally posted by jculter
                  Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                  I looked at crutchfield and it suggested I buy the chime thing also for 200 bucks. do you really need it. I have the Metra's 99-3303 already.
                  i understand but on the dual din wiring harness (the nice expensive one that maintains onstar etc) COMES with a chime module
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

our chime is better than a hyundai elantras
                    dude u should get one girly door chime but look lol
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPZIGWq7 ... re=related
                    Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                    JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X