• Show
Clear All

• REVIEW: Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position

Product: Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position
    Purchased from: Tire Rack
    Price: $189.00
    Size: 225/50R18

Review:
    Ok, there's a ton of threads out there about tires. Like the rest of you, I have changed to new tires after 60,000 miles on my Goodyear Eagle LS-2's. I installed these tires on my car about one month ago, and now I have put about 1,200 miles on these tires so far.

The rating of this tire is that the treadwear rating is 400, traction is AA, and temperature is A. The warranty from Bridgestone is 40,000 miles and it is an all-season tire. As I am reviewing this tire on my car in Anaheim, California (Southern California), I don't have a real need for snow tires.

Nonetheless, I do a good amount of city/highway driving and my driving style is considered to be a mix of average to spirited. From the use of these tires, they stick on pavement like glue. After the 500 mile break-in period, these tires were glued to the ground and did not slip at all. I can take highway corners at about 70 - 85 when the "posted" speed is about 50 and there's minimal tire squeal. Also, at full takeoff, the car doesn't slip and just goes. Furthermore, in moderate to heavy rain, the traction is great, there's barely any hydroplaning happening at full highway speeds and it grips like no other.

At cruising speed on the highway, the tire is very quiet for a performance tire and gives good ride comfort. Overall, from my experience so far, I think that this is an excellent tire for use all around and it provides more than enough grip for when you demand it.

I hope this review helps you all out.

- Ticha

Re: REVIEW: Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position

Thank you Ticha for posting your review. I expect to be looking for new tires in the next 6-12 months and will keep this information for reference.
    Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
    Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
    Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Working...
    X