Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil

So which is better for the life of an engine and the performance. Mobil 1 (which appears to be better) or the new Pennzoil Platinum? :smoke:
    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Lots of Oil threads out there. http://www.g6performance.com/forum/search.php

But I would take M1 over Pennzoil
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Mobil 1

Google it and you'll often find Pennzoil at the bottom of comparitive tests, it's not even close.

Comment

hmm AMSOIL actually came out on top in two tests so far. Ive never even heard of AMSOIL.
        http://www.performanceoilnews.com/oils_ ... oils.shtml
        http://www.worldsbestoil.ca/dyno-test.php
        :smoke:

Its also praised at http://www.carbible.com which I found in another thread when doing a search for 'oil' I havent priced the two but perhaps someone else has. Is Amsoil so pricey its not worth it or does Mobil1 simply have more publicity?
        BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I haven't used AMSOIL, and I don't know of anyone who has. Almost every test I've seen comparing AMSOIL to any other oil has been a test paid for by AMSOIL.

I'll stick with my M1.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Amsoil is the best out there, but it's prolly not worth the cost for the advantage it has which is why it's not widely as known. Plus not every store has it on it's shelf like Mobil 1, that you can even find at grocery stores...

Comment

M1 FULL SYNTHETIC ALL THE WAY!! :P

Comment

oils

I've used amsoil for years.... started because of the bike ... The ducati dealer had actually told me about it... Never have had an issue and actually used it in one of my jeeps and was way over 150,000 miles when I sold it and still ran like a champ, I do maintin cars pretty regular. Price is high but they do have a program if you spend over $100 per year they give you a discount not sure what it is though.

Comment

IMO, Mobil1 has had great results, with a long track record. Even though I do drive the car aggressively, I don't race it so It's probably overkill for me to use synthetics at all. But I plan on keeping my G6 for at least 4 years (a record for me!), so I'm using Mobil1 to help keep the internals slippery.
                  SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                  Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                  CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                  Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I've always been a Mobile1 fan as well. I've never really heard anything bad about them. Any synthetic oil will be worlds better then your conventional petroleum oil though.
                    Originally posted by colinpeddle
                    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                    That here, by G6er law, we lie
                    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

i've never bothered with synthetic, i just don't see the need for it. every vehicle i have owned has always run great on conventional oil.

Comment

^^^Me too. I use Castrol GTX because I drive hard and AC Delco filters. Don't use FRAM
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I stick with conventional oil in both my car and bike. Synthetic gets too expensive and I cant see how it's any better. I know some people who are using synthetic and say they wish they didnt because there does not seem to be any difference and it's costly.
                          2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

I was always told to never switch to synthetic until at least 20,000km. Don't know why.

I just use coventional oil. This car will be gone in four years, so I am hard pressed to spend all the extra money for synthetic.
                            BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

I think you can switch from conventional to synthetic whenever but you just cant go back to conventional. At least that was my understanding of it.
                              2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X