No announcement yet.

I might've snapped a pin on the BCM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might've snapped a pin on the BCM...

Title says all. Stupid me tried to jam a wire through to tap dash light power, but I might've bent and snapped a pin. It's still working as of now, but I'm afraid if I remove that connector once more it'll snap off completely.

So I guess my only way out is a new BCM?
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: I might've snapped a pin on the BCM...

I would assume so. That's a bitch to replace.... You'd definally would need a Tech2 to do it at a dealer... but you could always get a new BCM off the net.

Also.. BCM if I'm correct also store mileage, no? Rollback time ( jk)
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan

Also.. BCM if I'm correct also store mileage, no? Rollback time ( jk)

along with the PCM and possibly something else

itsa not the like old silverados where you could put an on/off switch to teh speedo and stop teh odometer

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

So I'm planning to fix the wiring soon...

One more question. Is it true that used BCMs cannot be reprogrammed for another car? I see all these used BCMs on eBay, I'm thinking I might pick one up in case I do destroy my own. Is the Tech II the only tool needed?
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

i "THINK" BCM's can be programmed to a diferent vehicle but i dont remember or know for sure. as far as programing yeah all you need is a tech 2

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

come on man I've posted this pic for newbs on a constant basis.....

TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
              come on man I've posted this pic for newbs on a constant basis.....

Thing is though what I'm doing doesn't go through the fuses. I'm tapping power from the two courtesy dome pins which only come out of the BCM wires.
              <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

BCM's cant be swapped for two reasons, one they vin lock when programmed the first time and second the mileage is in them LOL
                Chris White
                http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

you would've been better off just using wire taps
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix View Post
                    BCM's cant be swapped for two reasons, one they vin lock when programmed the first time and second the mileage is in them LOL
                    mileage is in more then 1 place in our cars

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
                      mileage is in more then 1 place in our cars
                      I know where it is and the odometer that SHOWS is in the BCM Kinda obvious guys! (thats all I was saying lol)
                      Last edited by GTPprix; 08-24-2010, 04:01 PM.
                      Chris White
                      http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                      2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                      2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                      2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                      2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                      2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

I bought a spare long ago to play with....never did and its sitting somewhere out in my garage.
                        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
                        X