Just saying thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saying thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that posted up the troubleshooting advice. I took my car into the dealer for the radio buttons peeling, the driver's side window grinding sound, and the visor mirror broke. They kinda looked at me funny when I told them I had read about the mirror being a problem on this forum.

I now have a new radio, visor mirror, and motor in my window.

did they have to replace the window motor or the regulator? i would be surprised if the motor died already but i see a lot of cars with regulator problems (the 24k mile 325i i worked on today needed one).

Comment

What I dont understand is why Pontiac changes out the entire radio for just a knob. I think you are getting a rebuilt radio too. I will have to change mine out in the next 3,000 miles before my warranty expires as my knob is rubbing off.

Its no wonder GM has $$ problems. knob = ~$1 , radio = ~$350
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Lampoon,

Your 'knob' is rubbing off? I don't think that the Pontiac dealer can help, especially under warranty

Comment

You think maybe a Health insurance claim issue versus Warranty?

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

^^^^
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
              Its no wonder GM has $$ problems. knob = ~$1 , radio = ~$350
              I don't think it works like that. GM Has a service contract with a company that creates the radio, and the service company accepts the return of the radio. If the number of deffective radios is above the acceptable limit, GM is compensated directly.

Oh and the cost of producing the radio is no where near 350$. That cost is the cost of the design, and the cost of dealing with GM, cost of doing the contract. Many things are passed down to the "cost of the radio".

Also remember, what would be the "cost" of having every dealership have radio knobs, as opposed to having them only in a local distribution center.

There are many more things involved than just the return of a radio as if you brought it back to radio shack.

That said, the knobs shouldn't peel off
              Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

Working...
              X