Easy under dash strobe light how to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy under dash strobe light how to.

Hey guys, figured I put a how to after I posted a youtube video of the 6 with the sound sensitive glow sticks. Here goes nothing sorry not the best at giving instructions.
    *Edit PS nightfire also did a how to on this Just realized before i did the Write up so two good ways to do it. Here`s his viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30984

Here's what you'll need
    1 Sound sensitive strobe bar lights at Auto Zone
    2 Pair of Scissors
    3 Double sided decal tape
    4 12 V dual socket extension cord

Place the dual socket extension cord in the glove box and run the wire via the passenger side fuse box.

Keep running the wire heading to the car power socket just above that fuse box. You'll have to squeeze it in as you get closer to the power source. Tuck under the air bag lights and stretch to plug in.

Next Take the passenger side strobe bar attach the double sided tape to both ends and mount under the dash. Then Run the wire into the glove box and connect. Use a tie clip to wrap up the excess wires.

Next Get the second strobe bar and do the same with the double sided tape for the driver side. Mount under the dash be very careful with this one the best spot is closer to the front of the dash and away from the pedals. This one is a pain because if it does not mount properly it will fall out especially during hot weather.

Then take the cord run through the fuse box to the glove box keep both sides of the fuse boxes open so that you can see where you are running the wire. Connect to the extension cord in the glove box and again use a tie clip to secure any loose wire.

Close up the fuse box, glove box and power up the power socket. Adjust the bass sensitivity and and start rocking.

[youtube:2tals6pe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWNLyxQAE2U[/youtube:2tals6pe]
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado 6.2L LTZ Ontario , Canada
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/387787...cab-miss-on-ca
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2L 403hp V8**Current ride
    2007 Pontiac G6 V6 3.5L 224hp V6**Lease Return
    2004 Chevrolet Impala 3.4L 180hp V6**Traded
    1999 Dodge Intrepid SE 2.7L 200 hp V6** Traded
    1984 Toyota Cressida 2.8L 156 hp I6**Totaled
    "Drive carefully! Remember, it's not only a car that can be recalled by it's maker."

Re: Easy under dash strobe light how to.

nice write up, i got a kit off ebay that has a controller and 4, 6in or 8in led strips and they are already wired to the controller, you just need to have the controller wired up to something else. i love them deff add to the car at night plus everyone loves them cuz they match the car so well
    2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

nice write up, i got a kit off ebay that has a controller and 4, 6in or 8in led strips and they are already wired to the controller, you just need to have the controller wired up to something else. i love them deff add to the car at night plus everyone loves them cuz they match the car so well
      2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

good write up!!!!!!!!!11
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Nice!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
          I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Thanks guys glad you all liked it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
            2009 Chevrolet Silverado 6.2L LTZ Ontario , Canada
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/387787...cab-miss-on-ca
            2009 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2L 403hp V8**Current ride
            2007 Pontiac G6 V6 3.5L 224hp V6**Lease Return
            2004 Chevrolet Impala 3.4L 180hp V6**Traded
            1999 Dodge Intrepid SE 2.7L 200 hp V6** Traded
            1984 Toyota Cressida 2.8L 156 hp I6**Totaled
            "Drive carefully! Remember, it's not only a car that can be recalled by it's maker."

Comment

I'm going to do the same thing, except i'm going to run my own wires, i dont like them being plugged into the lighter spots all the time. I'm going to run them to a switch and get my own power source.

Sweet idea though, Thanks.
              Tinted tail lights - -%15 tint all around - -18" sacchi S35 Rims - - 15" Fi Q Subwoofer 1500 watts - -LED strobe Bars under dash - -Painted Calipers - -Black Pontiac Darts - - Black Eagle eye headlights - - 35w 6000k DDM HIDs low/fogs - - De-badged - -Intake Resonator removed - - Recessed Upper- - Black Painted Trunk keyhole - - K&N Cone Filter --
              Upcoming: Tinting Tails Darker, GTR Exhaust, WAMS 93 Tune, maybe some lowering springs

Comment

Working...
              X