Problem with WheelDealersDirect.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with WheelDealersDirect.com

My experience with WheelDealersDirect.com DBA ALLSTAR AUTO DESIGN, INC. has prompted me to write this up.

Moderators, if this does not belong in this Section, please move it.

I have recently purchased a Wheel and Tire package from WheelDealersDirect.com.

I did receive my four Toyo Proxes4 245/45ZR18 tires mounted and balanced on Zinik Minardi 18x7.5 +42mm Offset. The Wheels and Tires are all great. That said.... here is my problem, and a caution for those G6'ers considering a purchase from this company.

When I called them to place my order, they were quick to help me. As I thought the transaction was coming to a close, Steve said that I "needed hub rings" to go with the wheels, so that they would be properly centered on the hub. This came as a surprise to me, but he said "I needed them." So, having never purchased wheels before I took his advice and opted for the cheaper plastic "hub rings" at $20 each.

I received the Wheels and Tires, but not the free "Install Kit" (lugs and locks) or the hub rings last Friday. I was dissapointed, in that I had the wheels and tires, but could not install them. In talking with a coworker, he was very skecptical that I "needed" hub rings. He convinced me that I should look into it. I then called Zinik directly and asked about the "need" for hub rings. The Zinik representative was surprised to hear that I was told that I "needed them", so much so that he wanted to know exactly what was said to me. I got a lesson from him on how the wheel is centered on the hub by the taperd lug hole and the lug nut itself. Ok, good.... I dont "need" the hub rings.

I then called WheelDealersDirect and Steve was not available. I told the person I talked to that I did not receive the "Install Kit" or the "hub rings", and that I did not want the hub rings sent to me, and take the $80 off my bill. Steve was not in, I would have to call back on Monday.

On Monday I was told that Steve had called in with a "family emergency" and to try back in a few hours. Several hours later, he was still not in.

Today, Tuesday September 3, 2006 I reached Steve. I told him I did not receive the "Install Kit" or "Hub Rings", and that I did not want the hub rings sent to me. He said he needed 20 minutes to check with the shipping department. and that I should call back. I wanted a confirmation that he would deduct the $80 hub rings from my bill. He told me they were "made for my car" and when I told him "I don't believe that" he got upset with me and went off about how I was talking down to him, and not to treat him like a child. I tried to apologize, and suggested that we start over, but he quickly said he had to check shipping and I could call back in twenty minutes, good day sir, click.

Twenty five minutes later I called back (after first calling my credit card company to start disputing the charges), and Steve took the call "Yeah". I said you asked me to call back? I didnt get the Install Kit or the Hub rings. He said "we shipped them" there was a 5th package.... then said no, the install kit was packaged in one of the wheel/tire packages, one of the packages weighed two pounds more. (I had been tracking the four packages, FedEx said they were all 34Lbs. Strange, I weighed the wheel/tire at 53lbs!) Again I stated that I did not receive any Install kit or Hub Rings, and want the $80 for the hub rings taken off of my bill and to have the Install Kit sent to me. He was rather upset and called me "a piece of shit." At that point, I simply restated the facts. I was lied to about the "need" for hub rings, and did not receive them or the Install Kit. I said that I guess my only option is to call my credit card company and dispute the charges, at which time he went off on me again. He said good luck, we have a signed note about the charges. I was really shoclked at the treatment I got. As he was calling me names, I said I'll take this up with my credit card company and hung up.

Fellow G6'ers Beware of WheelDealersDirect.com
    2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Nice writeup. You should report them to the Better Business Bureau.
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I agree! Well put writeup and im sure anyone who plans on buying wheels for their 6ers will greatly appreciate this writeup. I am sorry about your miss fortune, but we appreciate you sharing it with us!
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

OMG, that sucks Jason. Hope that your credit car company can help you, like they said, I would talk to the BBB when you have time.
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

I plan on calling the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau, and FedEx. I will verify that all 4 packages weighed the same. and that nothing was lost in shipment.

It's not the $80 at this point, it's the Principal!
          2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

That's a big load of crap.

Good luck with getting your money back!

Comment

That sucks man. Good luck getting your money back. At least it is something minor, not like receiving 2 wheels of one color and 2 of another with the same customer service.
              04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
              Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Thanks for the warning Jason. I'm a firm believer in customer service, and judging by your experience these guys have no concept of what that means. I wonder if they know this is posted here, and how many potential customers they may have lost because of your ordeal. I certainly hope so! I'd email them a link to this thread, it MIGHT teach them a lesson on the power of word-of-mouth. But anyone who talks to a customer that way probably wouldn't get it.

I hope you get it sorted out in short order.
                SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

what a douche bag. I'd stick it to 'em.
                  BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                  ^ The Man
                  v The Legend

Comment

Tonight I filled out a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, this company is actually a member.

I'm thinking that this will only upset Steve more, and won't really help.

I'm counting on my credit card company to support me on this. I do have four guys at work that watched me open the packages, and will sign a statement to the fact that there were no hub rings, or install kit (lugs and locks).

Comment

Originally posted by Arcanum
                      Tonight I filled out a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, this company is actually a member.

I'm thinking that this will only upset Steve more, and won't really help.

I'm counting on my credit card company to support me on this. I do have four guys at work that watched me open the packages, and will sign a statement to the fact that there were no hub rings, or install kit (lugs and locks).

Just my $.02 worth. I live in Alberta Canada and ordered aluminum wheels and tires from Tirerack.com. They arrived 5 days after my online order and included mounting, balancing, lug nuts and extensive instructions and tips on installation. I gotta recommend them to anyone looking for wheels and tires Sorry you had a bad experience with that loser. Hopefully he's not the owners son and CAN be fired.

Comment

Working...
                      X