Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some cash? - Updated with pics

Help me spend my money...

I got a small windfall recently, what should I blow it on... drop the coin on the supercharger or the rest of the parts except the blower?

Anyone here do any kind of machining work?
    2006 6.0 LS2 GTO Metallic Black
    2007 3.5 VVT G6 Liquid Silver - Gone.

it would be interesting to do the supercharger, see what kind of bost our engines can take stock...

though, really, I'd say invest it, or put it in a high yield account (boring, I know)
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
      it would be interesting to do the supercharger, see what kind of bost our engines can take stock...

though, really, I'd say invest it, or put it in a high yield account (boring, I know)
      It's actually the leftovers from my 3rd pay this month... no mortgage or car coming out... plus what is in my checking, we are talking about ~1600 or so bucks...

I've got a good 401K for my retirement and my wife takes care of holding money back for savings... anything I have left is "piss away" money.

Comment

awesome

then supercharge this bitch

Comment

yea I'm always hearing about people saying they're going to supercharge this or turbocharge that then you never hear from then again. Supercharge and keep us updated!! You will become a hero to us all!
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Do a twin turbo set up and use two smaller turbos like the ones off of the old t-bird turbo coupes so you be safe not to blow the engine, like 8psi-ish. Cheaper than S/C and its TWIN turbo! Not sure theres enough room or not for a turbo under the hood is the only problem
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              yea I'm always hearing about people saying they're going to supercharge this or turbocharge that then you never hear from then again. Supercharge and keep us updated!! You will become a hero to us all!
              I don't blow smoke... I put my money where my mouth is... my major concern in that virtually no one has done this yet... but that isn't going to stop me... @5psi and the right care / concern it should go ok... definitely getting the wideband before doing anything though... Tuning is going to be my big issue... I don't have any of the tech specs yet that I need for getting this tuned in... As I said in my supercharing post, this wouldn't be complete till after april next year... I just got some extra cash and figured i'd use it for either the purchase of the supercharger or the other stuff such as a wideband, perhaps the vector code puller, fuel injectors, fuel pump, fpr, ect.

Originally posted by dre256
              Do a twin turbo set up and use two smaller turbos like the ones off of the old t-bird turbo coupes so you be safe not to blow the engine, like 8psi-ish. Cheaper than S/C and its TWIN turbo! Not sure theres enough room or not for a turbo under the hood is the only problem
              I don't really want to deal with having custom exhaust manifolds made for twin turbos...

besides, much easier to pull a supercharger setup than a turbo if I blow the engine

Comment

I say do a centrifical super, they are fun and simple

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I say do a centrifical super, they are fun and simple
                  That was what I was thinking, it would be much simpler to run that as they have reverse rotation so I could hook up in the area where the stock airbox used to be... heck, I might be able to use part of my dr. speed intake too...

Comment

You would be god. do it!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

If you can figure out a full supercharger setup for only 1600 let me know, I'll be right behind you. What engine management are you running right now, or are you going to run? What size injectors and who makes them? What fuel pump? What fuel pressure, and are you going to run a rising rate or flat rate? Are you installing everything or is a shop doing it? Are you making the s/c brackets or is a job doing it, and who is designing it?

Not to be a killjoy, but 1600 isn't anything when it comes to custom s/c stuff.

I was figuring at least 5k, plus another grand or so in wasted parts that didn't work the way I thought they would.
                      04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                      Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
                        If you can figure out a full supercharger setup for only 1600 let me know, I'll be right behind you. What engine management are you running right now, or are you going to run? What size injectors and who makes them? What fuel pump? What fuel pressure, and are you going to run a rising rate or flat rate? Are you installing everything or is a shop doing it? Are you making the s/c brackets or is a job doing it, and who is designing it?

Not to be a killjoy, but 1600 isn't anything when it comes to custom s/c stuff.

I was figuring at least 5k, plus another grand or so in wasted parts that didn't work the way I thought they would.
                        1600 is just my initial investment... In march i'll be getting a 6000 bonus which is why this would be done by april... I just have some extra cash that i might purchase the blower with.... As for the above, i'm not guessing yet on anything... I don't have the technical specs on the engine, nor have I consulted any boost professionals yet as to what would be the best direction for my engine...

The super i'm looking at though is the paxton novi 1000rr...

Comment

I believe our motors might be too high compression to handle serious PSI.... Keep that in mind!
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Gotcha. It sounded like you were trying to do everything for what you had now.
                            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                              I believe our motors might be too high compression to handle serious PSI.... Keep that in mind!

shhhhhhh....

Comment

Working...
                              X