Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I tore apart the 3900, took alot of pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tore apart the 3900, took alot of pics.

Yeah.... I know... I'm fucking retarded. LOL. 1500kms on the 3900 and I'm already taking parts off the engine to look at stuff. I can't help it. I'm a 60degreev6 nut. Inquiring minds want to know whats under that plenum and what it looks like. Next time I get the car to myself (when the woman isn't driving it) for a good whole day or more, I'm pulling the plenum and lower and doing some port matching. Or even the heads too and doing some port and polish work to them. (I do port work as a side job eh)

here is the pics.

Undercarrage shots of the engine and 6spd manual

Exhaust ypipe

Heaps of room for a CAI down here at the drivers front lower corner. Best part is you CAN make it fit in there and be beside the rad so your not pulling radiant heat.

engine oil cooler that runs off the filter housing.

transmission mounts front and rear

intermediate shaft on the trans

Colin.
    06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
    90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Some specs on some of those ports.

The new plenum has a 76mm throttle body neck bore.
    the Throttle body as stated before is 72mm,
    The Plenum/LIM ports measure 2 x 1.375 inch. HEAPS of room left to gasket match those things alot of overhang compared to the gasket.
    Colin.
    06 G6 GTP. 6spd.

Comment

Dude you are crazy! Reminds me of the days when I used to rip apart the top of my Cougar's engine to look, learn, mod, and sometimes screw up haha.

Man those LIM ports are so much bigger than the ones on the Cougar. I think those were around 30mm. I feel proud to have this car
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
        Dude you are crazy! Reminds me of the days when I used to rip apart the top of my Cougar's engine to look, learn, mod, and sometimes screw up haha.

Man those LIM ports are so much bigger than the ones on the Cougar. I think those were around 30mm. I feel proud to have this car
        haha. Yeah its cool to see the design changes they keep making to the 660 engines. I went from a very small shitty port setup on my 3.1L MPFI sunbird engine's original manifolds to Double the size with the 3400 port pieces I swapped over and did the "hybrid" setup with gen3 top end on gen2 block. Which flowed huge... These things are still even bigger!
        Colin.
        06 G6 GTP. 6spd.

Comment

Some more pic whoring... Figure what the hell.

Some pics of the car in the garage here at home.

Colin.
          06 G6 GTP. 6spd.

Comment

Fuck its about time dood, I'm suprised you lasted this long! hahaha

What did Di have to say about all this??? lol

BTW I see the bird hiding in the corrner. Say hi!
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Is that.... SNOW on your tires? I haven't seen snow since Christmas!

I hope that Europe keeps our cold weather for the long term, lol.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I haven't seen snow in about 4 years lol. Nice work on the pics-a lot of info to be had there. Nice work again.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

The picture featuring the joining of the 2 exhaust pipes intrigues me. I thought a 'y' connector brought the 2 pipes into 1. They just compressed the 2 pipes to fit in a coupling that only fits 1. When I have my exhaust done, I will have that coupling replaced with a 'Y' connector. That should free up a bunch of HP. Thanks for the pics, they were very helpful.
                  2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                  Forge Motorsports BPV
                  CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                  HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                  HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                    The picture featuring the joining of the 2 exhaust pipes intrigues me. I thought a 'y' connector brought the 2 pipes into 1. They just compressed the 2 pipes to fit in a coupling that only fits 1. When I have my exhaust done, I will have that coupling replaced with a 'Y' connector. That should free up a bunch of HP. Thanks for the pics, they were very helpful.
                    Yeah not technically a "Y" but you get the picture. Thats what alot of the Imports look like when they join their exhausts. Its awefull. Don't worry I'm looking at fixing that part of the exhaust too now that I saw that.
                    I hadn't had the car on the hoist yet at work to even look under it yet untill last night.

Jordie...Shhhhhh, Di doesn't know. She doesn't need to know EVER! LOL.

So when you coming back home to Wpg for me to rip into yours and do some port work? :P
                    Colin.
                    06 G6 GTP. 6spd.

Comment

Originally posted by v6h.o.
                      Originally posted by Kman
                      Yeah not technically a "Y" but you get the picture. Thats what alot of the Imports look like when they join their exhausts. Its awefull. Don't worry I'm looking at fixing that part of the exhaust too now that I saw that.
                      I hadn't had the car on the hoist yet at work to even look under it yet untill last night.

Jordie...Shhhhhh, Di doesn't know. She doesn't need to know EVER! LOL.

So when you coming back home to Wpg for me to rip into yours and do some port work? :P
                      Know what?

I'll be home in Aug!
                      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Re: I tore apart the 3900, took alot of pics.

wow sweet pictures...

Comment

whoa! Awesome work man
                          Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by stupendusd
                            whoa! Awesome work man
                            3 years too late Actually almost 4 years
                            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                            2005 CGM GTO.
                            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

hahaha i wasn't looking at the date but i saw that blackrider commented i was like WTF then i noticed the date haah. damnit i was pumped i thought someone was actually doin some 3900 work
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                              X