spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spoiler

Having a B.S. in aviation I'm almost embarrassed to ask this...but is there any performance advantage to having a spoiler on your G6? I could tell you what every flap and spoiler does on an aircraft but I have no idea how that stuff works on the ground

Thanks!
    2005 G6 GT - Black - No Mods....yet.

None at all on a FWD car....
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

no advantage on most RWD cars either. A spoiler won't help much unless you've got A LOT of power and are going really fast. < RWD

A spoiler on a FWD car can actually have a bad effect on the drive wheels if you are going too fast.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Thanks for the replies. That is kind of what I was assuming...but wasnt sure
        2005 G6 GT - Black - No Mods....yet.

Comment

True, but let's be realistic ... at 60, 70, or even 100mph the most downforce you're going to get from a typical aftemarket spoiler or wing is a handful of pounds of downforce. Considering the weight of our cars and the front-heavy distribution there really can't be any effect worth noticing or worrying about. (We probably get more drag than anything else.) Lets' face it ... it's all about the looks
          (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Originally posted by revgregd
            Lets' face it ... it's all about the looks
            True...but the looks are worth it.
            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Working...
            X