Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission

does any one know anything bout trans... im trying to get a better an stronger trans such as clutch flywheels and ect. anyone have any idea on where to look for these i would appritiate it...

thanks

E
    !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
    FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
    SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
    14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

i don't know of any aftermarket trans parts or clutches/flywheels but you could try asking summitracing.com and see if they have anything or know of anything comming out. unfortunately these trannys aren't used in very many vehicles.

Comment

First off Auto or 6 speed manual? Second of all cars only have one fly wheel.
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
        Edit, I'm moving this to the Performance section.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

doesn't it have to be a manual to have a flywheel? i thought autos had flex plates instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
            doesn't it have to be a manual to have a flywheel? i thought autos had flex plates instead.
            Not necessarily people use the term for both. But after re-reading his post I see "clutch" was not plural so i take it he's talking about a manual.
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

BTW, going off of GMPowertrain's website, the F40 is rated for up to 295lb-ft of torque. You have to do some major mods to the engine to gain 55lb-ft of torque.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                BTW, going off of GMPowertrain's website, the F40 is rated for up to 295lb-ft of torque. You have to do some major mods to the engine to gain 55lb-ft of torque.
                Don’t really go by what GM says. The reason they even bother listing a max torque value is for liability reasons, in most cases it’s much higher than what they list. Trags have always been strong trannys, noisy but strong.
                2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                  Don’t really go by what GM says. The reason they even bother listing a max torque value is for liability reasons, in most cases it’s much higher than what they list. Trags have always been strong trannys, noisy but strong.
                  Well, I know that. I'm just saying that the tranny isn't a weak point on the cars that have the F40.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                  X