Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO added! James Dean Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO added! James Dean Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust!

My custom system by James Dean in La Grange, IL. The car sounds incredible! Mid to upper power range is boosted quite a bit too. The ECU will add a bunch to the bottom end...waiting to hear about getting one on order from Chris. :smoke:

Y-Pipe. Watched Jim make this before my eyes, and was truly amazed at how good he is at this!

Business end shot.

Double-walled stainless tips by Magnaflow.

Under car shot.

Jim signed the resonator with the welder

I'm lovin' it!

Video Clip (Yeah I finally got one posted!) Sorry about the link but can't figure out how to post the video directly in this posting. Sounds really close to the real thing if you have a subwoofer...it's REALLY deep and bassy.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

looks damn good. what did it run ya if you don't mind?

Comment

Paid cash, he charged me $450.00 flat.

Funny thing...my camera batteries died before he finished the job. He ran in the office and came out with replacements...on the house. Said no way I should drive outa there without pics for the website.
      GREAT customer service!
      Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
      Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Looks good. Can you post sound or video clips?

Comment

Looks nice Dan.
          Edit: Glad to see you use the small resonator. I think it sounds much better with that in.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
            Will try to post one tomorrow. We have dinner guests coming over any minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6
              ...Said no way I should drive outa there without pics for the website.
              GREAT customer service!
              Not just great customer service, but he's proud of his work too. Unfortunately that's too hard to find in the automotive service industry these days.

Comment

perfect timing...tell one of them to hold the camera while you rev it

Comment

Excellent so what made you still go dual muffler?

James Dean is awesome! :P

John
                  Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                    perfect timing...tell one of them to hold the camera while you rev it
                    You took the words right out of my mouth!

Comment

Looks great Tin, cant wait to hear a clip or 2
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                        Excellent so what made you still go dual muffler?

James Dean is awesome! :P

John
                        John, you are so right, James Dean is a class act, and Jim is a hell of a character. Had a real fun time over there watching the dog get welding sparks on his back and seeing his hair burn. Doesn't seem to even phase him anymore, and he has a LOT of bald spots!

About the dual mufflers...Jim convinced me that once the car gets an ECU it will perform better with dual mufflers. Also he claims he did one and it wound up being much more restrictive as a single. Plus IMO it looks better from behind cause there is no big silver muffler hanging down below the facia.

EDIT: BEFORE ANYONE BASHES THE GT-R.....Don't take my comments as a critisism of the GT-R system. THAT is one very high quality package IMO...just my personal preference.

Comment

I love those slanted tips... I gotta get some for mine... looks great!
                          Originally posted by TLS2000
                          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Looks sexellent

I can't wait to see how it sounds

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Looks good!
                              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                              X