Backup Camera, anyone using one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Camera, anyone using one

So with the recent addition of my Pioneer HU I'm looking for a cheap but decent backup camera since the view from the rear view in the goat is worthless-better since taking the wing off but still pretty bad. Plus I just want one

Anyone running backup cameras, if so what brand, where'd you get it, price, etc.

Thanks in advance!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Re: Backup Camera, anyone using one

i dont have one, but always wanted one. cause i cant see shiit looking behind me. i have no clue how close i am to something. but i seen 2 different types. one you mount inside the car on the roof and the other is a license plate mounted one. i seen them both at overpriced(best) buy

Amazons Backup cams Clicky

Steal your money (best) buy cams Clicky

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

^screw those prices

I might buy one from Hong Kong on ebizzle for 6.99 and try it out-has 6 IR LEDS for night time viewing-might not be too bad!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

ok, i kinda like this one XO Vision and for $30 and free shipping. thats not bad

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

those are much better then the license plate cameras but I have no clue where I would mount a bullet cam like the one you posted......arghhhhhh

what about this one:

click!

it shows using this camera as one of the license plate bolts but I can't tell its its really that small.....says 3.6mm so I have no clue.....ehhhhh

Comment

I wonder if you can connect more than one per device....

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
            I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Snowman-check out my last post

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
              if you have multiple inputs I don't see why not however most HU's I think only have one input so only 1 camera. I mean I guess you could technically wire them together and put them on manual switches but that would be a hassle. I have read of people running multiple cams like that. What would be awesome is a split screen running more than 1 cam

Comment

that looks pretty cool. 3.6mm is pretty small, so i guess you would be able to use it as they show. for $10 ($16 with shipping) you really cant go wrong. worst that can happen is if you dont like it sell it for $20 and buy a better one

Comment

all these cheap cameras use CMOS image sensors so not the greatest picture quality available but still very very cheap

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                    Snowman-check out my last post

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
                    if you have multiple inputs I don't see why not however most HU's I think only have one input so only 1 camera. I mean I guess you could technically wire them together and put them on manual switches but that would be a hassle. I have read of people running multiple cams like that. What would be awesome is a split screen running more than 1 cam
                    Split screen would be pretty sick... Font and back.... I was wondering cause I have a hard time parking cause lowered + AIT front + Curb/ parking stoppers = No Bueno! I usually just park further away anyhow but it would be nice to see how much room you got!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                    I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

^I never even thought of that, with my front air splitter I have to park so far away from things to keep from hitting it-now you got me thinking~!

Comment

I installed a camera that replaced the trunk lock. I never got around to putting a monitor in so I swapped it back.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp
                          I installed a camera that replaced the trunk lock. I never got around to putting a monitor in so I swapped it back.
                          what did you end up doing with the cam, how was the install, where did you get it from, how much was it, what type of image sensor what it

^hell I sound like a woman with all the questions

Comment

I bought it for like $10 shipped on ebay or something. Its one of those that has the LEDs around it for night. I was going to hook it up with a wireless AV transmitter made by Audiovox.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

ahh got ya, so the same stuff I'm looking at also. I'm just going to order one, they're cheap so if it doesn't look worth the crap or the install is too much of a PITA then I'll just throw it in a drawer to collect dust

Comment

Working...
                              X