Have a quick question????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a quick question????

I have just installed a Jensen VM9311TS in dash dvd player and i followed the instructions and it works great. I just can't seem to get the dvd to show video when the e-brake isn't engaged. I read the forums and found out about hooking it up to a toggle switch which I did, but I have it hooked into the park brake circuit and when i flip the switch with the ebrake disengaged it, turns on the brake light on the dash and the car keeps on dinging loudly until I turn off the switch. Do I need to keep it hooked to the park brake circuit or where else should I try to stop this from dinging. Any Ideas please help out THANKS

PS this is the thread i read about it........

Since it's a DVD player, it had that safety lock on it where you have to wire it to the parking brake for it to play movies...I DON'T THINK SO! After doing 5 minutes of research, I found that you can just hook that wire to a toggle switch and flip it on and off when you please (No officer I was not watching a movie!) So I put a switch in the most discrete place ever...right in that little space in front of the shifter, on top.

I forget which model i had, very well could be the same model, I thought i just grounded with the ground wire on the back of the HU.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I think that it has a safety feature that won't let you play without the p break engaged. My alpine had it. I had to put a relay switch in that tricked the deck into thinking that the p break was on. Do a search in caraudio.com and see what turns up.
      Originally posted by Nikki
      You are an e-pimp.
      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
      I tried too, my penis way too big
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Thanks guys for the help, what do you's think about grounding that wire to the drivers side seat belt wire?? It was a thought I had just wanted some other thoughts on it. Thanks

Comment

I would just ground it out where ever you can find a decent ground. Did you verify that is all you need to do?
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

it either needs to be tied high or low. Try the ground, if it liked the ground then you are good, if not I would try to find a +5V and tie it to that, one or the other should get the job done.

this is alot easier to bypass than some of the other ones that use the GPS system to determine how fast you are going and if you are going over 15 it doesnt let you watch a movie. Let us know how you make out.

Comment

There's a bolt right behind the A/C controls that I grounded mine too. When you take the radio out, and the A/C control unit, you should see it right behind there. Then you can mount the switch right in that little compartment under the A/C unit and you're golden.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

thanks guys for all the help, i am gonna work on it tommarow damn PA rain storms. I will let ya's know how i make out

Comment

thanks to all who gave me some ideas i got it to finally work great, using the toggle switch.

Comment

Glad you got it to work, now we want pics of you setup

Comment

pics

I will post some pics this friday, just started a new job and have been busy with training. Hope you's like.[/img]

Comment

Question about interference

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on eliminating this high pitched interference in the speakers/headunit that I mentioned before in this tread. It is only when i am in Ipod mode you can notice it when the volume is about 15 and when changing songs on the ipod menu.

PS also can someone please help me out with how to upload pics i have tried and am not that good with it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X