Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Glass Out of Rear Speakers

Hey everyone,
    Awhile ago I left my car out on the street at my wife's work. Well at sometime someone drove by and threw a beer bottle at my rear windshield. It shattered the windshield and left tiny little shards of glass throughout my car and eventually into my speakers. So now when I put the bass on I hear the glass shaking in the speaker. It is very annoying.
    So I was wondering if there was a way to clean out the glass without having to take the whole rear deck off.

Re: Cleaning Glass Out of Rear Speakers

Well, you could cut out the plastic cover over the speaker out or just try to take that plastic over off, and then vacuum the glass out! It wouldn't be tooo pretty if you did cut it out, but hey, you asked a question and I gave you an answer!
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

The grills are mounted through the carpeted deck. The deck ist to bad to get off I think. We have a how to. You will need to take the deck off then vacuum the glass off.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

I have a carpeted deck, I don't know about the "crapeted deck" though...........

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about????haha

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan5150
            The grills are mounted through the crapeted deck. The deck ist to bad to get off I think. We have a how to. You will need to take the deck off then vacuum the glass off.
            Originally posted by Jordan5150
            I have no idea what you are talking about????haha
            Ahh, young grass hoppa, you have the skills, but I'm more crafty! see the quoted 1st section, I was smart enough to change it before you edited.
            and don't forget the little "tattle tale" that says "Last edited by Jordan5150 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total."

Comment

^remember, not to be trusted
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Comment

^lol wtf??!!
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I failed

Comment

Good one Bam!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Comment

Anyone have that post to take out the deck lid I have a nasty rattle that the dealership can not fix right?
                          GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

uzun1986 I used this link: http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...hp?f=29&t=1922

It helped me out a lot and I was able to remove the broken glass out of my speakers.

Comment

Working...
                            X