3.6vvt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6vvt

Has anyone heard anything about the 3.6tl in the 08 GXP i have had my motor lock up twice now an both times i was told it was a GM mistake. First time my #2 rod an crank broke now it has happened again. But this time GM was so nice to send me a new motor!

Re: 3.6vvt

No, I haven't. I've had no problems with mine and here's hoping I don't.
    Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
    Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
    Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Yeah maby i was one on the lucky ones who ended up with a messed up motor some guy was on the job

Comment

My 07 has been fine. I know Albert, steelgtp has had so many problems with his, that he had to sue GM to get it fixed. He has now spun a rod bearing so he's have the shop fix it and trading it in for something else.
        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

My first motor rebuild cost 8k with labor an parts. and this one is around the same. So im gonna try to get the lemon law because its three issues for the same thing or over 15k. which i will be over!

Comment

Albert, that's the spirit. Go after them. Nate, I just caught up with Steel's tragic tale.
            Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
            Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
            Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Originally posted by standfast
              Nate, I just caught up with Steel's tragic tale.
              I know, sad indeed. I'm hoping to nab his ported manifolds, depending on how much money it costs.
              2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
              1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

I just got a call from GM because my car is over 40k miles they want to give me a 75% refund on my car. Because Pontiac will be hard to find parts for in the future. It helps When your dad work for GM. NEW CAR! im thinking Subaru STI!

Comment

For the most part the 3.6L is a good GM engine. My GF even has it in her Torrent GXP and puts 12K a year on it. Engine if anything the 3.9L/3900 is an issue, that engine a few members including myself has had head gasket leaks and theres a GM bulliton on that engine.
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

yea 3.9 has problems with head gaskets and intake gaskets.... but i still think its a great engine
                    Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

have 27,000 km on mine still working great....

Comment

I think I just have really bad luck. I think it is a great motor, the Aussies are doing crazy things with them.

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                        Originally posted by standfast
                        Nate, I just caught up with Steel's tragic tale.
                        I know, sad indeed. I'm hoping to nab his ported manifolds, depending on how much money it costs.
                        Make me an offer, Nate!

Anyone else want a set of headers?

Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                        - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                        - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

mines starting to spit out p0011,p0014 codes now.and the motor sounds noisier with only 32,000 kms...have appointment for tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                          X