X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3900 head flow

Ben

Re: 3900 head flow

? Idk what this means. I'm sure someone else here will explain soon.
    sigpic
    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

These are bench flow numbers on the intake and exhaust ports for the 3900 heads. They measure the CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air flow. Three tests so you can get a good average. The more air flow, the more fuel you can put into it, and the more hp you'll make That's the idea anyway. The lift is referring to the cam lift. So this chart shows how much flow at each lift interval.

Not too bad really. I honestly thought they didn't flow that well.

Ben - Do you have any flow numbers for the 3.6?
        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

No, I won't have the 3.6 numbers until I am done with the 3900 R&D. I have the 3.6 lined up, but found out that the bore spacing does not match the 3500. Glad I got a head gasket. So that means I have to build a 3rd wet bench adapter for the 3.6 engine. The idea is to do wet testing later this year for a more complete R&D session.

The intake flows amazing, but the exhaust is practically 3500 LX9 numbers. Not surprising though since the port molds show the 3500 and 3900 to have the same ports, just different seat/bowl area for the valve size.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107
            No, I won't have the 3.6 numbers until I am done with the 3900 R&D. I have the 3.6 lined up, but found out that the bore spacing does not match the 3500. Glad I got a head gasket. So that means I have to build a 3rd wet bench adapter for the 3.6 engine. The idea is to do wet testing later this year for a more complete R&D session.

The intake flows amazing, but the exhaust is practically 3500 LX9 numbers. Not surprising though since the port molds show the 3500 and 3900 to have the same ports, just different seat/bowl area for the valve size.
            Bummer. But at least it's on the lineup.

As for the 3900, with only a 67% exhaust to intake flow ratio, seems like a good opportunity for some p&p work. Are you testing with manifolds too or just the heads?
            2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
            1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Heads first, then I will work on the manifolds.
              Ben

Comment

Working...
              X