Anoying sound from suspension!!...I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anoying sound from suspension!!...I think

ok guys there's this CLUNK noise tht is gettin in my last nerve! is everytime i go over a bump, pothole or any little thing on the street. I used to have a 2000 Lincoln LS V8!!!! Man tht was a fast badass car !..ok anyways it used to do the same sound and they told me tht it was the bushings, so im thinking its the same in the G6 right? is there something else I should know? does anybody has the same problem?

please help.

Re: Anoying sound from suspension!!...I think

I am trying to locate the same noise on my car also!! I replaced my Sway Bar bushing(assuming thats what your talking about just said bushing) And it did not help!(does not mean thats not yours) I am trying to locate my noise to! Im thinking maybe strut but have to look into it more!

2005 Pontiac G6 V6 Dashhawk, Debadge ,Crabs, LED License plate bulb, LED third brake light , Black Emblem Overlays,Tint 35 percent front, 5 percent rear, Energy Susp. Sway bar bushings, Intake resonator delete.
    Soon to come>>>> Racingline STB, Custom Flame job interior/engine, FPU, Cquence slotted rotors, Recessed Grilles, Concept darts, Red Gauge face,

Comment

i fixed a bump noise i had today. make sure your sway bar enlinks are securely tightened down on their mounting points. mine werent and whenever id turn the wheel or go over a bump the sound was so annoying. clunk usually means something that should be tight and secure isnt.
      '08 3.5 lz4
      Custom fenderwell CAI
      FIRST G6 TO USE COILOVERS
      Megan Racing coilovers
      Addco Rear Sway Bar
      Racingline strut-bar installed
      Racingline MMI's installed

Comment

I had that same kind of thing, although mine was a squeak instead of a clunk

Comment

Any kind of clunk could be your intermediate steering rod, strut mounts, or your bushings.

Any kind of squeak or rickety sound, is going to be either your bushings again, or 90% of the time, a strut issue.
          The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
          Making people rage since '05

Comment

Sway bar end link bushing gets my vote...

Comment

Mine was prolly a strut, it kept compressing and staying down when I took my springs off. Oh well gonna be the dealers problem now

Comment

I just wiggled my sway bar links and they are tight! Also wiggled my strut and it's tight! What else could this be?

2005 Pontiac G6 V6 Dashhawk, Debadge ,Crabs, LED License plate bulb, LED third brake light , Black Emblem Overlays,Tint 35 percent front, 5 percent rear, Energy Susp. Sway bar bushings, Intake resonator delete.
                Soon to come>>>> Racingline STB, Custom Flame job interior/engine, FPU, Cquence slotted rotors, Recessed Grilles, Concept darts, Red Gauge face,

Comment

you wont nessisarilly be able to recreate the sound with just a wiggle of your hand. the body of the car bears down on those links, when its weight shifts, thatll make a clunk.
                  '08 3.5 lz4
                  Custom fenderwell CAI
                  Megan Racing coilovers
                  Addco Rear Sway Bar

Comment

So how could I recreate the sound?

Comment

put the front end on jackstands while you lay under it and someone else turns the wheel all the way one directiona and all they way the other direction over and over while you observe your front end looking for where the sound is coming from.
                      '08 3.5 lz4
                      Custom fenderwell CAI
                      Megan Racing coilovers
                      Addco Rear Sway Bar

Comment

It doesent make the noise when I turn the wheel just when I hit potholes.

Comment

lol then avoid potholes? haha
                          '08 3.5 lz4
                          Custom fenderwell CAI
                          Megan Racing coilovers
                          Addco Rear Sway Bar

Comment

Yeah it's michigan dude!! There on every road! Plus its getting worse! Now every bump makes a clunk noise to!

Comment

check all rod ends. they can loosen over time with alot of abuse. theoretically that could mean your bushings have worn out and are too soft now to prevent the bar from hitting the body? idk really what other things could be wrong. can you recreate it pushing down on the front end?
                              '08 3.5 lz4
                              Custom fenderwell CAI
                              Megan Racing coilovers
                              Addco Rear Sway Bar

Comment

Working...
                              X