Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fix seat belt water damage (Sunroof Leaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix seat belt water damage (Sunroof Leaks)

I have had the sun roof problem too. Thank god for this forum, I went to the dealership and told them the problem. They fixed the disconnected tubes on both sides right away, and dried my carpetting.

My problem is that the repeated water damage on my passenger seat belt has made it stink. Suffice to say the ladies don't like it, so it's got to change now!

Any good way of un-stinking my seatbelt without harming it or making it fade?

Thanks.
    Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Febreeze will take care of it.

Comment

Or just take it back to the dealership and make them swap it out.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

hmmm mine still smells funky too. I'll try the febreze tomorrow.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I'd recommend the antibacterial one also, works better at getting that wet smell out.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
            I'd recommend the antibacterial one also, works better at getting that wet smell out.
            I might actually have it swap it out, i'lle take it to a different dealership, i find that if its another one relating to a problem that was fixed before, a different dealership usually does a better job (its as if its a new problem). I guess they can bill GM seperatley for the issue or something.

I'me not as scared for bacteria but its mostly molds. I don't want anything interfering with the way the seatbelt is supposed to work.

Plus the fact that today my fiancé was in the car and it reeked because the seatbelt was extended. I just hate having to catch a "wiff" of my own new car and have it disgust me . Big Bertha 1990 Century smelled better with a garbage bag full of old fish forgotten in the back
            Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

Working...
            X