"How To" Diagnose/fix CD CHANGER ERROR on 6disk monsoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "How To" Diagnose/fix CD CHANGER ERROR on 6disk monsoon

I had pulled my battery one day and came back to a cd changer error...well after I got my new 08 with aux cd changer i decided to do some investigation work on the old 06 6 cd changer/radio

Remove the 4 screws on the faceplate

Remove faceplate by lifting tabs

Pop off the top by force

Now we are in!

Remove the tiny black screws

Now push the scissor area as shown back and lift up your cd's

You will find a few metal pieces that have come dislodged...this is the problem maker! Remove them and your cd's with some wiggling..by pushing up the scissor metal piece it can be done

I was unable to get the metal pieces to go back on...you will notice there are 6 of them...these are what move your cd's to and from the play area...I have two that are left in tact so now I have a 2 cd changer lol

(not pictured other two on the table)

Below is the spindle that holds the metal pieces, that hold your cd's

I HAVE NOT TRIED TO PLUG IN MY CD PLAYER SINCE I TOOK IT APART...I DID THIS MOSTLY TO GET MY CD'S OUT. I HAVE A GOOD FEELING THOUGH THAT THIS SHOULD FIX THE CD CHANGER. AS LONG AS YOU ONLY LOAD AS MANY CD'S AS THERE ARE CD CHANGER METAL SEPERATORS!

HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN ADD TO WHERE I LEFT OFF AT

oh yes...and DO NOT do this while there is power to the cd changer...this is a warning sticker that says "DANGER INVISIBLE LAZER RADIATION WHEN OPENED"

Re: "How To" Diagnose/fix CD CHANGER ERROR on 6disk monsoon

Nice man! I know several people have had an issue with theirs

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Yeah, after doing some searching the number of people who have had this problem is enormous!!!

Comment

the inside of slot loaders look so strange lol

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Ok if it wasn't for this post I would have just given up all together and gone without being able to play CD's. You explained it perfect and thanks to you all is well and working. Those metal separators are the root of all the problems. I noticed you said you couldn't get them back on, believe it or not they are a little tricky but the whole key is don't worry the plastic center is actually more flexible then it seems. There are three little points that stick out that when lined up correctly are snapped back in place and this is what keeps your CDs seperated and centered for the scissor arm to be able to grab and change the CDs. So thank you for being the one to do the research and posting it cause as far as I know this is the only one I have been able to find on this exact subject. Your the best.

Comment

Working...
          X