How to request, sun visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to request, sun visor

Okay so here's my problem. The other day I was driving to work and as most people do put my sun visor down to block the sun. As I did I noticed the cover over the mirror is hanging and I don't even touch that stupid little mirror. So naturally I was like WTF!? and its bugging me knowing is messed up or possible broken. So I was wondering if anyone can post a "how to" replace sun visor/ vanity mirror or just some suggestions.

If this post is in the wrong board I apologize.

-Mike

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Re: How to request, sun visor

I believe there was a TSB or recall on this, cause I took mine to the dealer and they changed it out for free. But that was back in 08.

Comment

Really? Damn that sucks. I seriously doubt they'll change it out for free anymore.

Well transparent tape it is then lol

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

When i bought mine the mirror cover wasnt even on it LOL
        K&N typhoon, Magnaflow Cat-back, Eibach Springs, Konig Rims, Sunny Tires,

Comment

Do you ever hear a rattling within the visor assembly?

If so, it means the part that holds the mirror lid closed popped out, and I can tell you how to fix that yourself.

If no rattling, then you may be SOL...
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Cfeld
            When i bought mine the mirror cover wasnt even on it LOL

Originally posted by ragingfish

If so, it means the part that holds the mirror lid closed popped out, and I can tell you how to fix that yourself.

Mine rattles and I have no mirror cover???

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish

You know, I never thought to check to see if I could hear anything rattling around in there. I'll check in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by markpetersonii
                Mine rattles and I have no mirror cover???
                I suspect you HAD one, the retaining clip popped off, the mirror cover came off, and they never bothered to replace it.
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

i dont have one on either side. they both fell off

Comment

So I checked it earlier today while driving my dog to the doggy park (lol) and could here a slight rattle in the visor, it was kind've a subtle rattle so I wasn't too sure if that could be the clip/pin or whatever. Fixable maybe?

Comment

My driver side mirror cover has also crapped out. It would sort of work for awhile.. hold itself open 1/2 way for a month or so, but I guess something finally gave out as now it just dangles freely if my visor is down.

I know it would cost well over $100 for a new one from the dealership. No spank you. But did we ever find out if that is still covered under a recall??

Or what is the part number for a new driver side visor/mirror. Im assuming the whole thing would have to be replaced.

Comment

its most likely the 2 metal springs in the back of the mirror broke (not the springs them selves but the plastic around them). I had this happen to my passenger side mirror. I bought one off a member awhile back and replaced it. everything works fine now. Just pop the mirror out of the visor and take a look behind it to see if the metal clips came off. look on the top part of the mirror. if you need me to I can take a pic(s) for you.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

mine always did this so i just kept poping it into place

Mods: 20% Tints, Tinted Tails, Blacked Out Darts, Debadged
                          Future: 18 inch wheels, Double Din TV, Blacked Out Headlights, Complete System, Lowering Kit

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            its most likely the 2 metal springs in the back of the mirror broke (not the springs them selves but the plastic around them). I had this happen to my passenger side mirror. I bought one off a member awhile back and replaced it. everything works fine now. Just pop the mirror out of the visor and take a look behind it to see if the metal clips came off. look on the top part of the mirror. if you need me to I can take a pic(s) for you.

Hey yeah Im all about seeing if I can do something about it myself before buying a whole new visor. If you could tell me or show me where to pop it out and where Im looking, that would be sa-weet!

Comment

Ill get pics for you tomorrow

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                              Originally posted by ahuhn
                              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Working...
                              X