GM Vortec........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Vortec........

I was woundering, what makes GMs vortec? If you know what I mean lol. Is it the intake manifolds or what? Just curios because my work trucks have the 4.3L Vortecs and the 5.7L Vortecs. And know the 5.7 is a 350 CI. So like what whats the real diffrence between a normal 350 and a 350 Vortec. The air filters are big and crazy on them
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

I'm not 100% but I have owned both. The efi has about 20 or more less hp than the vortec. I am pretty sure most of the change is the fuel injection. They do also have different intakes but the vortec is electronicly controled. Vortec FTW.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I thought Vortec was just a name refurring to a GM truck block... Or does it have performance related attributes/tech???
      Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

http://www.gm.com/automotive/gmpowertra ... es/vortec/

My boyfriend has the 4.3L Vortec in his Sonoma. You can really tell the difference between the regular 4 cylinder trucks.

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

^^ Hunny you can tell the difference because the 4.3s are v6s and the 4cyls were like 2. somethings....
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I've always just associated them as their premier line, just like everything else. Kinda like GTP, but I'm not an engine expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
              ^^ Hunny you can tell the difference because the 4.3s are v6s and the 4cyls were like 2. somethings....

Just stating the obvious. Yeah yeah
              And I'm sure the hypertech helps too

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Vortec doesn't mean shit.....and you can quote me on that. Same as Hemi.
                04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

I thought Vortec was a supercharger company?
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yeah that too.

Comment

that is vortech
                      Originally posted by TLS2000
                      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Yeah that too.

Comment

Vortec and Hemi both refer to the design of the heads. The Vortec heads are designed to swirl the air as it enters the combustion chamber causing a vortex to better mix the air and fuel for a more complete burn. The Hemi heads have a dome shaped or hemispherical combustion chamber hence the name Hemi.

Comment

welcome
                            Originally posted by TLS2000
                            Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                            GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                              the 2nd gen 4 cyl are 2.2L engines. and they make both Vortec and Non-Vortec 4.3Ls so you can't use that as your only distinction. i think in like 95 or 96 they switched over to the Vortech heads from the regular ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X