Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

I know use the search button I did that on here g6ownersclub and google and could not find a specific awnser! If I put a aftermarket stereo and left the metra kit out with the dic. Would my error codes still pop up on the gauges? Like when my power steering took a crap I got a light on the gauges and power steering popped up on my radio. If I did this alls I am really loosing is chimes, MPG, MPH Avg, Oil life, and my odometer's right? I have a dashhawk so not to worried about it! Also when they relocate he DIC to the glovebox is that just this part with the top cut off of it? Thanks guys!

2005 Pontiac G6 V6 Dashhawk, Debadge ,Crabs, LED License plate bulb, LED third brake light , Black Emblem Overlays,Tint 35 percent front, 5 percent rear, Energy Susp. Sway bar bushings, Intake resonator delete.
    Soon to come>>>> Racingline STB, Custom Flame job interior/engine, FPU, Cquence slotted rotors, Recessed Grilles, Concept darts, Red Gauge face,

Re: Quick question

yes and yes

Comment

If you do not get the metra and put it in either the dash or the glove box/console, you will need the PAC interface fyi

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Your front speakers run through the dic. Three options:
        1. use it
        2. relocate it
        3.PAC interface

If you dont use it your front speakers will not work.
        I guess you could re-run the audio lines to the front speakers but I wouldn't want to go through that much trouble!
        Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

So basically, the way I see it is like this.

You could get the insert for the dash... or you could just get a dashhawk no?

The Dashhawk is going to give you all the information that the DIC would of in the first place anyway, and more correct?
          The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
          Making people rage since '05

Comment

Technically yes. But you still need a PAC no matter what, it would take over all of your chimes and what not.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan5150
              Technically yes. But you still need a PAC no matter what, it would take over all of your chimes and what not.
              PAC being...?

Comment

Originally posted by Widgetworks

The Dashhawk is going to give you all the information that the DIC would of in the first place anyway, and more correct?
                You dont really need the DIC for the info, you need it so your front speakers will work.

I have a dashhawk and have relocated the DIC for a double din set up.
                Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

Comment

PAC being...?
                  http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1129 Clicky

Comment

Originally posted by Curtismaximus123

You dont really need the DIC for the info, you need it so your front speakers will work.

I have a dashhawk and have relocated the DIC for a double din set up.
                    Well, I don't want to lose my tripometer, I want to find a better workaround than spending 200 dollars on that insert that has everything underneath.
                    Maybe I'm mixing up my acronyms... I thought the DIC was just the error codes that display when something goes wrong.

I have no idea what PAC means.
                    Does dashhawk have a tripometer?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtismaximus123
                      PAC being...?
                      http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1129 Clicky
                      See, that's only for OnStar.
                      I don't have OnStar.

Comment

There is one for non onstar. PAC is a company, the PAC I am refering to is the wrirng harness you hook up to your new radio and your car to retain chimes and warnings. The DIC is the second line on the stock radio. It shows fuel range/mpgs, trip, oil life etc. Yes it also has warnings but your "idiot" lights on the dash will work. I do not know if they will work without the PAC harness. If you want the trip and all that jaz you WILL NEED the metra or the other similar one(I think schoche) kit. Dash Hawk might have this info but I do not have on so idk

Comment

Ah, K.
                          I'm kind of conflicted because I don't want the big hole down there, and a double din would be just as expensive as the metra and the head unit.
                          Having a mounted dashhawk would be awesome though.

Comment

I have a Dashhawk and it does not show oil life, or Avg miles per gallon. It does show current mpg but not avg. As for oil life I am just going to use the good ole sticker! So with the PAC interface I will have my warning chimes still? Such as door ajar, or loose gas cap? Just a chime obviously will not show up on stereo correcto?

2005 Pontiac G6 V6 Dashhawk, Debadge ,Crabs, LED License plate bulb, LED third brake light , Black Emblem Overlays,Tint 35 percent front, 5 percent rear, Energy Susp. Sway bar bushings, Intake resonator delete.
                            Soon to come>>>> Racingline STB, Custom Flame job interior/engine, FPU, Cquence slotted rotors, Recessed Grilles, Concept darts, Red Gauge face,

Comment

Originally posted by cody0789
                              I have a Dashhawk and it does not show oil life, or Avg miles per gallon. It does show current mpg but not avg. As for oil life I am just going to use the good ole sticker! So with the PAC interface I will have my warning chimes still? Such as door ajar, or loose gas cap? Just a chime obviously will not show up on stereo correcto?
                              It shows current mpg? That's all I want basically.
                              I always clock milage for oil or 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X