Intake and better sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake and better sound

Anyone of you guys that have put on intakes notice a better sound to the car?
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

I did notice a very deep sound on take off and downshifting with the tap shift with just removing the intake resonator. I'm sure it will even be louder with a cone filter on the end of the tube. My cavalier with the ecotec sounded like a semi truck when I would gun it after putting an aftermarket intake on. By the way there is an ultra short ram intake on ebay now-its a piece if pipe that goes from the mass air flow sensor to a cone filter to do away with the air box.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yes very noticeable! I love the way mine sounds

Here is a pic of what I have...I'm getting ready to post the info. about my PMAS MAF meter/intake.

2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

I'm confoozled Nikki. The location of teh filter plops it right infront of the radiator and fans... isn't it in theory sucking in all the hot air fromthe radiator?? Unless it goes down further than it looks... just an observation.

You still rawk, though.
        Straight up Pimp Trollin'
        2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
        w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I was acctually thinking the same thing... I don't even like how the Injen ones cross infront of the radiator but theres only so much room.. but of course GM couldnt have switched the Fuse box and airbox to make a more direct and shorter route to the intake!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Haha no you are right. It does go down a bit further than it looks, but still. I am just testing it this way for now, instead of straight across like the stock intake. So this set-up is temporary for now.
            2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Can I have your temporary setup, too?!!! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
                Can I have your temporary setup, too?!!! lol.
                too? What else am I giving you?!?
                2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Can that be discussed in here.. you know... the flashing....

of the PCM program shtuff, lol.

Comment

You know this little relationship you two have is good and grand and all but I feel a little left out with all these secret intakes and other stuff I've heard Nikki talking about :cry:
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah Nikki.. let ma man LoJac into the action.. you know I ain't gettin none, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
                        you know I ain't gettin none, lol.
                        Whos fault is that?!? :P haha.
                        My batteries are charging now so I can take a couple more pics of the "intake" and post up about it.
                        2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

What eva!

Yeah, get some pics of that good lookin stuff for Lojac.. he's lonely.

Comment

After I removed the intake resonator I notice it got a bit louder. Then when I had the injen intake, I just installed the piece near the end with the cone filter, and it sounded about the same.
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Ok I attempted to take more pics but my stupid batteries won't charge enough and now its starting to get dark!

Anyways, I tried to take a picture showing that the actual filter is *below* the fan, you can't really tell that it is, but it is...

...now on to actually posting about this.
                              2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Working...
                              X