iPod Touch with my Kenwood Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod Touch with my Kenwood Unit

Ok so I have a FM tansmitter for my iPod Touch and its ok. I have a Kenwood KVT-715 DVD in my car and I wanna hook up my iPod to it. Is there a good way of doing this other then having the "Y" cable plugged into the audio jacks coming from the "brain" so to speak to the iPod? Im pretty sure that I can't have my music appear on my DVD player screen cause its too old. Or do I have to suck it up and just build some kind of mount for my iPod.

Does anyone know what I can do with this? I only bought this FM transmitter for my work truck but I thought that I would also try to use it in my car but I really hate how it looks.

Maybe I should suck it up and get a new DVD player.

Re: iPod Touch with my Kenwood Unit

no dont suck it up and get another. shit i have an F90bt i bought last summer and it doesn't support Itouch
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

your best bet man is to buy a head unit with an ipod adapter...
      Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

Originally posted by JGP21
        F90Bt has one. still doesn't support itouch
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
          Originally posted by JGP21
          F90Bt has one. still doesn't support itouch
          lots of things dont support the itouch
          ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Yeah I have learned to deal. I don't really like having my iPod in my car. If I need lots of music I can just burn a ton of mp3s on a dvd and go from there.

Comment

its not the hu with the issues, its you're using an itouch
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

^ I dunno about that both are pretty kick ass. I used to be a no believer about the Touch and then I bought one..... freakin amazing.

Comment

If you arent too partial i bought a griffin roadtrip fm transmitter for my radio and it can be used over fm frequencies and it has an aux input on the base of the charger for plugging into your radio. I really like it because it has a sturdy bendable arm that holds my touch out so i can pretty much rest my arm on the shifter and flip though my songs. the plugin also turns 180 so you can flip it sideways to watch vids! Kinda pricey but it has a very powerful transmitter in it so if you find a good station you can barely notice a difference from full quality, but if you want full quality just buy an aux cable and plug it in. I payed 90 for mine but you can find a better price online.ill post pics if you want to see it, but heres a link and a pic.

Comment

I don't have an Ipod or Itouch,don't those items have bluetooth capability?

why not just use the bluetooth on the head unit to the ipod, if it does?
                    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                      I don't have an Ipod or Itouch,don't those items have bluetooth capability?

why not just use the bluetooth on the head unit to the ipod, if it does?
                      no bluetooth on the itouch
                      ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Working...
                      X