No announcement yet.

Is Dual a Good Brand for Stereo System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dual a Good Brand for Stereo System?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dual+-+50W+x+4+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B-Ready+In-Dash+DVD+Deck+with+7%22+Monitor/9771805.p?id=1218170522612&skuId=9771805

I was looking around Best Buy but not looking forward to let them install them, but It is a touch screen dual, but idk if Dual is a good company for stereo system.

Re: Is Dual a Good Brand for Stereo System?

I heard taht their electronics are good but the tuners are BAD BAD BAD

like radio reception is non exsistant.

personally i would spend the extre 100-150 and get a pioneer. i stand by pioneer 100%

Comment

Yea i heard they are real good, but i came across that one i just wanted to know how every1 think bout it

Comment

i would not say "Real Good"

They are like a nut hair above Jensen.

they are low rent Wal-Mart shit.

that said for what you pay for it is ok

OK is the best i would say.

their motor functions, touch screen are ok.

their internal electrics like Radio Tuner are less than Toyota quality

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2

personally i would spend the extre 100-150 and get a pioneer. i stand by pioneer 100%

Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

I use to have a dual and I didnt have any problems with it. Had a lot of the extra stuff others didnt for a cheaper price it wasnt a touch screen but I have a friend that has a dual with a touch screen and he has had it for over 2 years with no problems

Comment

dual=lawl.

u wouldnt see me with dual near my car.

its like this

Jensen<dual<sony explode<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Pioneer
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

lets put it this way. i would almost never buy something for my car that you could get at walmart (except oil).
                ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2

Pretty much what he said. The only tuning you can do is bass, treble, and mids just like on your stock radio. The radio reception works decent but I guess it just depends on who installs it and if they do a good job. If that's all you can afford then get it because they are usually decent radios but if not then I would say spend a little extra and get a better brand. Even look at some used ones and stuff too.

Comment

dont get a flip out headunit. the cheap plastic motors break on them all the time. get a pioneer double din, well worth it
                    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                    New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Ok, I guess I will the person out of place on this thread. Everyone on this thread who is hating on this exact stereo is....

WRONG

I know this for a fact, because I have this exact same head-unit in my truck, minus the bluetooth functionality. I put this in my truck because it was a cheap flip-out head unit, as I had an in-dash, but was afraid of it attracting attention inside the truck and prompting thieves in El Paso to steal it, so I downgraded, or so I thought. This head-unit works just as well as any flip-out, has NOT broken at all when offroading with the screen out, has an AUX input that is incredible, works amazing with aftermarket amps, I know, I have two amps hooked up to this head-unit. I would say, BUY IT and ignore everyone else, I will personally recommend this head-unit, as like I said, I can personally testify to it's incredible performance, as I have it in my truck. The best place to buy it, also, is, yes, believe it or not, Wal-Mart, that way you can return it if anything does happen, and they also sell the extended warranty. When they say, why settle for cheap when you can have the best, in this case, you can have both

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                      you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                      CarDomainMySpace

Comment

PM me about my CD Player, its an offbrand brand new 6.2" touchscreen. I've literally had it for a week but I really need some money lol. I'd sell u it and the dash kit for cheap

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

testimony is irrelevant. its great that it has worked for you but i still wouldn't put dual in my car. urs may work but the next FAL-APART purchase of a dual head unit may be a different story
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                            testimony is irrelevant. its great that it has worked for you but i still wouldn't put dual in my car. urs may work but the next FAL-APART purchase of a dual head unit may be a different story

dual=shit period.

Comment

how was the tuner?

you didnt say anything about the tuner functionality...

Comment

Working...
                              X