SERIOUS performance gain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERIOUS performance gain...

I need some advice of you fancier knowledgeable gooroos on GM crap.

How much do you think the stock internals (auto trans and all) can take on teh 3900 GTP? It's time for Nitrous, anyone think a 50 or 75 shot is too much , this will be direct injected- not a fogger.

Discuss teh complecations that may arise. I've done kits before, never on a GM car, though. Need larger injectors, colder plugs (obvious), etc? I've got money..err.. plastic in hand to purchase, I have a date with a buddies lightly modded Subie that needs a good ass kickin. He runs low 14's. :smoke:
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

I'm pretty sure the stock internals are better than past gen. of 60Deg. I mean they have like 20 years of engeneering behind them.

If you want POWER, I have one word for you. BOOOOOOST! The 4T65 has a huge aftermarket avalable if your worried about that.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Hmmm...
      I'd lvoe to do boost... but I don't have enough time, lol. Gotta race him before winter.

They'llbe boost in the near future. What about these trans...I'm kicking myself for get the stupid auto.. how well do you think these hold up. Generally, it seems the most auto's have sucked for power unless purpose built.
      Straight up Pimp Trollin'
      2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
      w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
        Hmmm...
        I'd lvoe to do boost... but I don't have enough time, lol. Gotta race him before winter.

They'llbe boost in the near future. What about these trans...I'm kicking myself for get the stupid auto.. how well do you think these hold up. Generally, it seems the most auto's have sucked for power unless purpose built.
        Then spray a 50 shot. Hell you should be ok with a 75 shot to.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Re: SERIOUS performance gain...

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
          I have a date with a buddies lightly modded Subie that needs a good ass kickin. He runs low 14's. :smoke:
          If he has a WRX (or STi) and he runs low 14s lightly modded he should kick his own ass.

I can't help you on the nitrous, but I could tell you what to unplug on the WRX to cause some havoc.
          04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
          Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

If you got the 3500 then swap your trans with a 4t-65-e (as 4t-40-e's aren't really built for that much power.)

If you got the 3900 then you already got the 65-e so you should be fine to run some boost.
            Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

His Sig, indicates he has a GTP
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
                His Sig, indicates he has a GTP
                I know I just wanted to clear up the info in case someone didn't understand it.
                Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

Working...
                X