Two stereo questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two stereo questions!

What is the cheapest and easiest way to instal an ipod into a 2006 pontiac g6 with the 6disc monsoon system without XM without moding the apperance of the deck and not an FM transmitter?

The stock stereo sounds AWSOME, but I would like a little more bass. I have a 400watt 15inch orion sub with a MA audio 400watt amp. Surpsily this ghetto setup sounds amazing in my late 1990 jimmy. However Im thinking it wouldnt sound so great in the truck of a g6. Or would it be worth getting the scosche $29.99 dealy and using my original wiring harness, etc.

Or would it be better to replace the stock subs (the 6.5s in the door) with lets say a high end jl audio?

thanks!

First question, not sure if there are any other options. I think i recall hearing that the new gm radios will come with this feature, not sure if those radios will work in our G6s or not.

Second question:
    I would get the converter and wire up you existing sub and amp. You have to becareful when replacing factory speakers, with the monsoon system i beleive they are running a 2ohms, not the normal 4ohms. Plus you would have to spend money to replace the 6.5s and you already have the sub and amp from your jimmy. Just my thoughts! And to top it all off, the speakers and amp combo are so intune, that if you end up replacing the speakers it might not sound as good as the factory speakers.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

ipod into a g6?

Hey,
      i have a 2006 g6 gt coupe, with a monsoon single disk player. What is so special about it that they claim an ipod kit (hard wiring) can't be incorporated with the factor stereo or can it? Is there a special harness that i can get the will work with the factor radio and plug into an ipod kit? I really don't wanna use any aux converters and the FM transmitters suck. I was looking at the Peripheral iopd to car module and it works with all other pontiac vehicals, why won't it work with a g6? Is there a way this can be done?

Comment

Re: ipod into a g6?

Originally posted by 20STACKY02
        Hey,
        i have a 2006 g6 gt coupe, with a monsoon single disk player. What is so special about it that they claim an ipod kit (hard wiring) can't be incorporated with the factor stereo or can it? Is there a special harness that i can get the will work with the factor radio and plug into an ipod kit? I really don't wanna use any aux converters and the FM transmitters suck. I was looking at the Peripheral iopd to car module and it works with all other pontiac vehicals, why won't it work with a g6? Is there a way this can be done?
        The ipod has been discussed many many times on this board. Please use the search button. I have giving you some threads to start out with. I just typed ipod in the search box

Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

ipod

yes i have read all of those posts...don't seem to answer my question, or give me a straight answer.

Comment

Actually, the first link directly answers your question. That is the ONLY available kit to integrate the ipod into the factory deck.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I'm looking to replace the factory subs as well. I have the monsoon with 6 cd changer in a convertible... Replacing those is basically my only option, unless I order a pair of Kenwood self powered subs I saw that can fit under the seat... or maybe just replace both
              2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Working...
              X