Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stereo Tone Settings automatically change...why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Tone Settings automatically change...why?

Sometimes when I change the station on my stereo it will reset the tones (bass, mid, treble). The mid and treble are in the middle, while the bass gets boosted to like 7 "ticks" above the middle.

It's extremely annoying as once I change the station the bass gets ridiculously low and loud like I'm trying to "bump" my car down the streets of the damn ghetto.

I always have it on "Custom Tone", so it's adjusted to the way I like it, but then it changes it.

Anyone know how to fix this? I do not have it on AutoTone.
    Mike III
    '06 Electric Blue GTP

Dr. Speed CAB w/S&B, 20% Marquise Tint
    Next Up - Strut Bar, Lowering Springs, GT-R

nope but i get this problem when

i turn car to accessory and turn on my custom setup...seems to only happen if i turn radio on without the car running...doesnt really bother me much (kinda annoying yes, but a simple fix)

Comment

Just curious, after you set the custom tone for your station do you "save" the settings? If you don't save the station after making an adjsutment, then go to another station and come back, the radio defaluts to the last saved settings. At least it does in my Impala and I'm pretty sure I've seen it do that in the G6.
      (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

The radio, adjusts automatically to the type of music being played, if jump from station to station it goes back to the default setting until you change it again. But if you put it on custom, it will stay there until you shut your car off.

I don't know if you can save it?
        BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
        ^ The Man
        v The Legend

Comment

it saves the settings to whatever they are when you push and hold the button. itll do this for every preset and also itll keep it on a setting for cd too. pretty sweet feature i think. i listen to all kinds of music so its kinda nice when im changing radio stations for it to do this on its own.
          '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Yep

You guys are good, or maybe I'm just an idiot . You're right, when you save a station to pre-set it automatically saves the equalizer settings as well. For some reason when I saved a few stations I had them at the setting with the bass cranked up...which boggles my mind because I would never listen to music that way.

Anyways, thanks for the help. And yes, it is a very cool feature!
            Mike III
            '06 Electric Blue GTP

Dr. Speed CAB w/S&B, 20% Marquise Tint
            Next Up - Strut Bar, Lowering Springs, GT-R

Comment

Working...
            X