Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air filter replacement

Hello,

I have the 4 cyl engine 2006, and was thinking of adding a K&N but someone told me this engine won't run right with its increased air flow, any help appreciated.

Re: air filter replacement

Lol, your engine will most definitely run better with increased airflow.
    The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
    Making people rage since '05

Comment

you can use a K&N on the ecotec, how ever, if you put a cold air intake on it you will have to have it tuned. Or you will throw a CEL and the car will run like poopy. The 2.4s are very very very picky about all that extra air. KN will be fine though.
      Current 2002 Galaxy Silver Grand Prix GTP (L67 3.8 S/C)
      97 Liquid Red Grand Prix GT - Rip/2009 Midnight Blue Metallic Sedan : RIP

Comment

when i went to change my air filter i looked for the k&n for my 3.5 and it said not available , so i was stuck with a fram was this true or is the k&n that fits the 3.6 the same, i was under the impression that all models had the same air box
        Profession: Mobile Audio/Video and Electronics Sales
        Experience: 10+ years
        Rides: 07 Grand Prix GXP, 08 G6 v6, 78 Camaro(under construction)

Comment

The K&N air filter for the 3.5 V6 is part number 33-2315 which is the direct fit for the stock airbox. I ordered mine from Advance Auto and took about a day to get in. Its about 55 dollars though. Which is alittle much. But good performance and better air flow. Hope that helps!!!!!

Comment

I run an Amsoil EAA filter in my 3.5L. Lower cost than an intake and you don't get that air sucking noise that a CAI gives. It's working good so far.
            2006 Pontiac G6 GT (stock) - 44,000kms
            2000 Dodge Durango R/T (modded) - 185,000kms
            1999 Ford Taurus SE 2V (stock) - 206,000kms

Comment

Originally posted by htwo
              I run an Amsoil EAA filter in my 3.5L. Lower cost than an intake and you don't get that air sucking noise that a CAI gives. It's working good so far.
              Isnt that why people get CAI for the sound and performance?? Why wouldnt you want to hear the sucking sound? I think its the TITS!!!
              "to each his own"

Comment

I plan on getting a K&N filter replacement for my car.
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/MidnightLS

"Peace, Love, Speed"

Comment

Originally posted by timhullet
                  The K&N air filter for the 3.5 V6 is part number 33-2315 which is the direct fit for the stock airbox. I ordered mine from Advance Auto and took about a day to get in. Its about 55 dollars though. Which is alittle much. But good performance and better air flow. Hope that helps!!!!!
                  They may be more expensive, but they can be cleaned, re-oiled, and used again...and again...and again...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543500/1

Comment

Working...
                  X