Squeaks and rattles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaks and rattles

Does anyone else have a lot of sqeaks and rattles? Got rid of the panoramic roof noise a few months back. Its back now, but different. My wife is also complaining about a dash rattle now too(its her car). Car only has 16K on it. I have a 99 S10 and a 98 Z28 both with 75K plus and they don't have any rattle problems (surprising for the Z2.
    2005 EBM G6 GT

Find a piece of road near the dealer where it happens and bring it to them. Chasing those noises sucks so let them do it. Taking things apart to find them often causes you to create more by not reinstalling all the parts properly.

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Buy a convertible, the roof will squeak so much over every bump you won't notice the rest of the rattles.

Love my 'Vert and realize that a few squeaks are the price I have to pay to enjoy the sun on my face and wind in my hair.

Jeff
      My 07 G6 Convertible
      http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6/IMG_0394.jpg

My 76 Vette
      http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/P4240002.jpg

Comment

I expected wind noise and some squeaks from the panoramic, but this is loud. And it happens when driving over normal surfaces, not talking about turning into a steep driveway or going through a 50 yr old railroad crossing. Just normal bumps in the road.
        2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

i don't even have 5k on mine yet but i am not having any problems (yet), but i know a couple people on g6ownersclub.com were talking about this problem also.

Comment

my passanger seat rattles alot. believe its the heating system on it. only rattles when there is no one sitting in it. really annoying
            2007 GT FULLY LOADED!!!
            Black
            Black leather
            XM
            Heated Seats
            Remote Start
            Panoramic Roof

Comment

My passenger window makes a ton of noise, my 3rd brake light cover rattles like mad even with talk radio, and now i'm starting to get a rattle from under the passenger side by the fuse panel. I also noticed that the seatbelts in the back rattle against the plastic stop, because with the leather seats, it slides all the way down the belt.
              Black 06 GTP Coupe - Dr. Speed Cold Air Box, Tinted Windows, Projektorz - Coming this week: Grafxworks Pontiac overlays all around, Black Painted Calipers w/ ZZP Decals and Rockblocker Smoked Tail Light Covers !!

Comment

I have a very annoying rattle/squeek comming from the gauge cluster. I think i will get myself some small pieces of felt and start shoving it into holes Hopefully that will quit her down a little during driving.
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

^You're talking about your g/f right kyle?!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I brought mine for a rattle and they are replacing the steering gear.
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
                    X