No announcement yet.

Strut tower brace or other minor mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strut tower brace or other minor mods?

Has anyone found a good strut tower brace or any minor mods like that?
    "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

The only one available right now is the one from RSMRacing.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

is the site http://www.RSMRacing.com?
      "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

ya that's it
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Thanks im gonna check it out!
          "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

Yeah $300 for a strut tower brace from RSM! You have to be kidding me on that price-excuse me but what a bunch of assholes. Yeah they may have a few things for our car that no one else has but come on their prices are insane.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah I didn't even bother after I saw that. BUT! I found this site that has stuff for us and GTO's! http://www.gravanatuning.com/applica...Sedan_3.9.aspx

That was a search for my 3.9 sedan but all g6's are in there.
              "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

i would not buy that strut brace, its adjustable, they are not supposed to be. It has to be a universal or semi-universal with matching strut mount patterns or something. they also charge +300 for springs H&R charges cheaper direct to customers.
                jeff
                05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
                90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
                1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
                F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

Adjustables do "suck" A good way around this, though.. is to adjust it to the max you want.. and have the threads welded to make it "non adjustable" that way you will not loose tension over time. Just an idea to think of if there's a killer deal on an adjustbale and you're worried of it "un" adjusting.

..I have done this a couple times with great success! :idea:
                  Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                  2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                  w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

or you could possibly goop the lock nut up with RED threadlocker, that stuff is like glue-only way to break it loose it so heat it with a torch (at least in my ventures with it).
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

im sure someone will be developing this stuff sometime in the future. I would rather wait for quality than have to rely on custom fab all the time, or interchange...and GBs for everything i want to get for this car dammit. Then again its what makes us unique =)
                      jeff
                      05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
                      90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
                      1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
                      F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

Problem is no one sticks by their word for the group buys. I mean everyone is up for them but the time comes and no one actually goes for it. The GB for the CF hood is in the process of falling through if we can't get some interested members.

Comment

but pullin like 1-200 for a brace is easier for most than 5-6 for a hood!
                          Originally posted by Toyz
                          Originally posted by simplyred
                          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yeah.. but the plausible amount was known weeks ago.. and we had like 15 guys who were in on that estimate.. but now.. when it's actually time to pony up..no one has it.

Lemme ask this.. is there more interest in having a front strut brace for 1-200 bucks? Perhaps this is something I can seek now as there's an engineering shop by me that has made em for a good price in the past.

I'm ready to start rethinking the CF GB.. I mean, 1 guy who was definetly in is now out.. another guy has to delay payment.. it's just turning into a huge cluster fuck. I'm gonna sleep on it, make some calls tomorow and maybe straight out cancel the GB and head aftter a strut bar. :idea: I undestand tits a lot of money.. but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than any place around.

Ya'llsay they word onteh strut bar.. and I'll make it happen. But I sure as hell am NOT going to do simultaneous GB's. Maybe the CF would be better to do later in the year when we got more members.
                            Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                            2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                            w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I understand tits a lot of money--get some sleep Coupe-this GB on the hood is gonna kill you off.

Anyways I would do the CF hood and the strut bar, yes I understand 1-2 hundred is easier to foot instead of 6 hundred but these hoods will never be seen anywhere but on our cars. I just hope the company for the CF hood will stay by us for later when we get more people interested. As for the strut brace find out if anyone will do it and for how much.

Comment

Working...
                              X