Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Monsoon Headunit

To all in the forum --

I have searched and searched, but I am so confused as to which part number applies to the headunit for my G6.

I have a 2007 G6 GT Convertible. I have the Monsoon sound system with the 6-disc CD changer in the car, but I do not have the AUX jack in the headunit. I have read that it is fairly easy to swap out the headunit and I have a dealer who is willing to install and reprogram for me for $100.25, as long as I provide the replacement headunit.

The problem here is that I don't know what the part number is for the one that will fit my system. I know that on GM Parts Direct, it shows that the part numbers have changed and it doesn't tell me which radio is which. I don't want to go through trial and error to find out which headunit is the one I am looking for.

Does anybody have the headunit that will work with the 6-disc CD Changer, along with the Monsoon sound system? If so, what is the part number (preferrably for the US version). Please help me out, I have been searching for a while now and still absolutely confused.

Thanks,
    Ticha

Re: Changing Monsoon Headunit

Why not call or stop in the dealership and ask them to give you that number (for an 08 GT head unit)? The worst thing they can say is no.
    Mike
    Eddie lives!

Comment

If the dealership is a GM dealership (which I assume it is) they should be able to give you the part number or I'm sure someone around here knows it exactly. I'm really surprised the dealership didn't jump all over you trying to get you to buy it through them.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

I called them, they said that they have searched the headunits, but they don't know which one is which. For example, they don't know which part number correlates to the 6-CD and the single CD. They told me that if I could find a VIN for the car that has the headunit I want, they can pull it up for me, but until then, they just gave me a list of headunits that came with that car, and said that I can research those.

I know a few people here have already done it, I was just wondering if they can send me which part numbers they used. Instead of me having to go through trial and error to find the right headunit.

Thanks!

Comment

I feel your pain! These part swappers of today can't do anything w/o a computor driving it all.
          Mike
          Eddie lives!

Comment

I know. Is there any way I can pull up any Pontiac VIN's? Just so that I can research which one has the headunit I want? I would like to do this, but the process is a bit arduous.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, my PC is out.
              Try looking here in a for sale section. If I see one I'll PM you.
              Mike
              Eddie lives!

Comment

Thanks for looking out, really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                X