fuel injector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel injector?

Well I bought my 2006 g6 gt on 9/18/2006 with 34 miles on it, today I get a check engine light on at 156 miles, its the number one fuel injector misfiring, I hear through the grape vine that this is a common issue with this car, has anyone had a misfire issues on their g6's?
    2006 G6 GT
    Debadged
    20% Window Tint
    Painted molded mudflaps
    DS Stage 4 CAI
    8000K VVME HIDs Low Beam Conversion
    Nokya Hyper yellow Fogs
    Painted Red Calipers

haven't heard of anyone with that problem...
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

same here. Never heard, read, or seen anything like that...but there is a first for everything.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

No problems here either. I don't think it's a "common" problem....hopefully never is.

Comment

i know where i got the car, i know of 3 other g6's that had the problem, i dont know maybe just a bad batch or somehting, or the car just set too long....
          2006 G6 GT
          Debadged
          20% Window Tint
          Painted molded mudflaps
          DS Stage 4 CAI
          Nokya Hyper yellow Fogs
          Painted Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by JST4SHOG6
            i know where i got the car, i know of 3 other g6's that had the problem, i dont know maybe just a bad batch or somehting, or the car just set too long....
            that is really bizzare
            Originally posted by TLS2000
            Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
            GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I'm going to go with BAD GAS as being the cause. I've not heard of this before, and if it's common in your area, then it has to be something in common in your area.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Yeah, I've never heard this either. I would say its something happening after the car is delivered to the dealer. It's not uncommon for dealers to buy their gas from the cheapest place, whether there is water in it or not.
                I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

Yeah never heard of that issue in a G6 til now. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible, so who knows.

Comment

the first time the check engine light came on I had my injectors cleaned and the light went away and I had the gas drained, and refilled at a well known gas station, the couple hours later boom back again when gm was called they had a couple of known cases and recommended that all injectors were replaced,, I get my car back today Ill let you guys know the virdict as soon as I hear something.
                    2006 G6 GT
                    Debadged
                    20% Window Tint
                    Painted molded mudflaps
                    DS Stage 4 CAI
                    Nokya Hyper yellow Fogs
                    Painted Red Calipers

Comment

recall

the only thing that happen to my G6 is that they had a recall on the egr valve any the dealer fixed that for me for free. the check engine light come on and i got it fixed
                      05 G6 doctor speed cai, mvp to battery, royal purple max atf

Comment

got the injector replaced under warrenty and everthing runs great thank god, hopefully it wont happen to any of you guys.
                        2006 G6 GT
                        Debadged
                        20% Window Tint
                        Painted molded mudflaps
                        DS Stage 4 CAI
                        Nokya Hyper yellow Fogs
                        Painted Red Calipers

Comment

It happend today to me code p300 cylinder misfire. :smoke:
                          2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

^damn, everytime a new problem is brought up everyone starts experienceing it!!!
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I never heard of that problem either with the injectors. Now when I was intrested a few months ago on the injector LBS size and did alot of hunting, I found that the 3900 injectors atleast are diamond coated or some BS like that to help prevent build up in them.
                              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                              Gotta have it Green color
                              Brembo brake package
                              420 HP 5.0L
                              Ford Racing Power Pack
                              GT500 track pack differential cover
                              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
                              X