Scratched my 18" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratched my 18" wheels

Oh man ... at lunch today I caught a high curb and put several deep scratches into a spoke of one 18" polished ultra-bright wheel.

Before I start looking into what my insurance might or might not cover, any ideas if there's a way to restore the spoke? The scratches are only in the face of one spoke where it's polished metal (and I assume some kind of clear coat). The painted part of the rims are fine.

I guess it's no longer a "new" car.
    (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I'm sorry, I don't know of a way to restore those rims.
    Hope everything works out for you.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Powdercoat or body filler and wheel paint.

My GF did the same thing I am exploring those options. The other is to send it to a repair place, they work miracles. Check out Google.com

John
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Ouch, I feel for you. you can almost break your own spine with how tight you clench up when that happens.
        BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
        ^ The Man
        v The Legend

Comment

Sorry Rev.

My suggestions are about the same as Johns. I know with my truck, whenever i go offroading and get rock rash, i just paint right over them again. But with a new car you might want to take a little time with sanding and filler before painting. But if you want to keep the stock look I guess you could purchase (1) wheel from somewhere. I think your color car would look pretty good with painted black wheels
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

shoulda purchased wheel and tire insurance from GM...they replaced mine for free when i hit a curb
            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I like many others were not offered this insurance....
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Finance guys rarely offer it, because profit margin is low and hardly anyone buys it. Unfortuanate. I offered it once and got told to screw myself.
                BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                ^ The Man
                v The Legend

Comment

Working...
                X