Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swapping manual air conditioning controls w/ auto controls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping manual air conditioning controls w/ auto controls?

is it possible? i could not find anything in the search...unless i was using wrong terms for the search...well anyways i would like to replace my regular gt air conditioner control panel for the gtp version w/ automatic air conditioner controls? is this possible? i know u can buy the parts i just dont know if it will work or not.
    thanks in advance,
    steve
    (2006) Blue G6 GT...

I know in the Grand Prixs this was so much work only one person actually did it.

As for the G6 you would be the first.

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I guess anything is possible. You would have to change out control head and replace one actuator as well as replace the resistor card with a linear power module to control blower motor and add 2 discharge temperature sensors.

Then a bunch of wiring reworks in the IP for all those changes and reconfigure the BCM.

Comment

be a shit load of work but let me know if u do it cuz i was wondering the same thing...the auto just looks better
        what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
          I guess anything is possible. You would have to change out control head and replace one actuator as well as replace the resistor card with a linear power module to control blower motor and add 2 discharge temperature sensors.

Then a bunch of wiring reworks in the IP for all those changes and reconfigure the BCM.
          He's basically saying that it CAN be done, but it's really not worth the effort required.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

darn looks like i aint gonna do it then haha to much work for me...man i really wanted that too i thought it would just be and easy swap..ohh well
            (2006) Blue G6 GT...

Comment

Uh Oh!
              I just ordered one! I'm hoping you guys are wrong on the extra sensors part and that the thermastat is within the unit. If so, it should be just an easy swap. Anyone else try this?
              Jeff

Comment

when you get it if your able to put it in and get it working take some pics and do a write up, because i would be very interested in it then
                what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

Originally posted by Me.mine

Uh Oh!
                  I just ordered one! I'm hoping you guys are wrong on the extra sensors part and that the thermastat is within the unit. If so, it should be just an easy swap. Anyone else try this?
                  Jeff
                  I wouldn't really count on e2helper being wrong on this, but good luck nonetheless.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

e2helper wrong lmfao that was funny. If he said you got some serious surgery then you are in for a rough time. Let us know how it comes out.
                    Originally posted by Nikki
                    You are an e-pimp.
                    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                    I tried too, my penis way too big
                    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

that'd be like Santa forgetting its x-mas
                      BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                      ^ The Man
                      v The Legend

Comment

Really? Are all those modifications really needed for the auto climate control to work? Both units are electronic, the only difference is that one is a thermastat and the other is not. I will try just switching the units themselves and seeing if they work.

Comment

There are more differences than one being a thermostat and the other not. For example, the auto climate control has a lot more variation in fan speed settings than the manual.

Good luck!

Comment

Hmm... I hadn't thought of that... I'll have to wait and see what happens when I install the unit

Comment

You will first notice you can't even plug it in because they use different wiring connectors :P

Comment

Working...
                              X