X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Finally!!! ***

Hello, hello!

FYI...
    I sent payment today for one (1) Brand Spankin' New..... GT-R Exhaust!!! From what I've been told it should be ready to ship by the time payment gets there. Man, it's gonna be a looong few days till I get it.

Gawd, Rosey's been a little bitch since she told me I had to get this GT-R system and the wait ended up being a lot longer than expected. Apparently she doesn't like it when she doesn't get her way, with all this turning noise BS. This better please her! For a minute I thought of turning on her, but she's been kissing my butt lately, and I couldn't resist.

I can't wait to hear and feel the difference! I'd like to get dynos before and after but I haven't heard great things about the one I know of around here, so I don't wanna float the hundred bucks plus twice to see what it says. I'll just let my footwork and whiplash do the judging. Besides, I've heard the actual HP difference isn't that huge on the cold air box, but I've removed and re-installed mine a coupla times, and man! Night and day. Sounds and reacts SO much better. So I can't imagine how much better this exhaust is gonna feel, especially since I've heard nothing but great things about it. Plus I've got a bud who's handy with a tuner package he bought for his goat. And a little while back he informed me he's got the update he needs for the 6er.

Next thing will be comparison shopping for new tires. Wish me luck!!!
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

congrats!

You'll love it! The sound of it is the best part

I'm fighting the wheels/tires battle myself right now thinking I may just wait 'til spring... the one's I really want aren't available right now
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
      congrats!

You'll love it! The sound of it is the best part

I'm fighting the wheels/tires battle myself right now thinking I may just wait 'til spring... the one's I really want aren't available right now
      I still like the 18" wheels, I will just need the tires. I figure instead of rotating my tires I'll just buy new ones for the back and put the old back ones in the front.

I may buy better tires and maybe new wheels for next summer too.
      ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Way to go Clint!!!! Can't wait for you to get it either!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Thanks Monica!

Comment

I have heard alot about sound and power difference from just removing the resonator. There are a million different posts about it and I've tried to search through them but there's just too much info. I most definitely do NOT have the money to buy any kind of exhaust system. Would it be worth my while to remove the resonator?
            I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

a bit louder

man i want this exhaust pretty bad....love the roar of cars...however have to save to pay for honeymoon that i just put on cc....gonna have to work more overtime and get a pay raise i guess

Comment

I still haven't removed my resonator.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                  man i want this exhaust pretty bad....love the roar of cars...however have to save to pay for honeymoon that i just put on cc....gonna have to work more overtime and get a pay raise i guess
                  I love the roar too. But honestly I still hope the vids give it justice on how quiet it can be in normal driving conditions. I'd prefer it not to sound too overpowering when I'm trying to drive around not pissing off the neighbors. That's why I love the cold air box. I drive normally and it sounds pretty quiet. But when I decide to lay on it, man! I love that purr.

Right now with the CAB if I hit a red light as first person in line, I always turn off the stereo before I take off just so I can hear it... Good times!

Comment

I think you're gonna love the sound It really is fairly tame till you open the throttle.

Comment

<----Very jealous!!

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
                        I think you're gonna love the sound It really is fairly tame till you open the throttle.
                        Sam, I think you're probably right. Before I bought the Doctor Speed cold air box I listened to vids and audio which showed somewhat of a difference, at least enough of a difference to make me buy it. When I installed it I realized the clips didn't give it justice. I even made my own "before and after" clips which didn't reproduce at all what I was hearing in person.

I'm not sure about exact output, but it sounds like performance-wise that CAI adds maybe 5 HP, 10 if you're optimistic. Yet the difference in response and sound I hear is amazing. So I don't rely much on the HP statistics. But I haven't taken her on the track yet either. It might mean some more to me if I take 'er on the track on a frequent basis. I can't imagine the response and groan I'm going to feel with your system. It's gonna be sick!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                          <----Very jealous!!
                          X2 ... I'm still a few down the list and trying to wait patiently.
                          (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

The system will sound a bit louder than normal till the muffler goes thru a couple of heat cycles. After that, it produces a sweet sound.

Comment

yea we are getting closer!! congrats...cant wait to see some pictures..i just order my gtp rear valence for the dual exhaust outlets im excited! hehe
                              (2006) Blue G6 GT...

Comment

Working...
                              X