Sub / Amp update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub / Amp update...

So, I got sick of Pioneer wanting darn near $30 for a replacement transistor to fix their bunk amp, and went on craigslist to find a cheap replacement. I found a guy that buys a truck load of super discounted stuff at a time and got a Rockford Fosgate Punch 160 and a Kenwood KFC-WS12 shallow mount sub to replace my MTX RT-1204 that was starting to get a hole in it.

I reworked the wiring to come right out of the monsoon amp. Once I figure out the bridged channel for the Rockford and put the new sub in the box, I was shocked...at how much more freaking bass I had!!! It was crazy. For this small of an amp I would NEVER have thought it would hit like this. I had to actually turn the gain down to about half just so it didn't drown out the treble and mids.

Anyway, really happy with the change. For $100 ($50 for the sub and $50 for the amp), I've got basically a new (to me) bass system that was better than what I had (especially considering my other stuff was broke haha).
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Re: Sub / Amp update...

Nice! What does the amp look like? If it is what I think it is, those were crazy underrated.
    106,000 MILES!
    There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
    Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

Re: Sub / Amp update...

Originally posted by Blue6851
      Nice! What does the amp look like? If it is what I think it is, those were crazy underrated.
      It looks like this, but thinner:

2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
      1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Working...
      X