Rims: 19s or 20s...Chrome or Black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims: 19s or 20s...Chrome or Black?

I got a fire red g6 v6 sedan and im wondering whether I should get 19s or 20s...I rather get 20s but i dont know if it would be a bumpy ride or not..and since my car has a black interior and the whole theme is red and black im thinking of getting black rims with a chrome lip...but the chrome rims look pretty good on it too...what do you guys say?

19s color is your preference, and it also depends on the wheel style. Polished Lip?

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Watta you mean wheel style? When i get the rims i gatta get the tires with it...i think black on red will look better than chrome on red...so you think 19s will do better than 20s?

Comment

Style is how many spokes, is there a polished lip or not, and etc...

That makes a difference.

John

Comment

black
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

black rims w/polished lip or w/o polished lip looks hot on these cars.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Look at the link at the bottom and see if you like it. They are chrome 20"s on a crimson red.
              Originally posted by Nikki
              You are an e-pimp.
              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
              I tried too, my penis way too big
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

yea the chrome looks really nice too but I think the black will look better...anyone has any idea if 20 inch rims will be a bumpy ride?

Comment

You will have a more firm ride, just depends on your tolerance level how much you will feel it. I know some people think they ride fine, but there is a very fine line between performance ride and riding on a rubber band.

Comment

Mine ride great but when there is a big bump or pot hole you will know you have rims on there. But the performance, ie handling, is way freakin better. My front would come out on my when taking heavy turns at high speeds, Now I can hold all day.
                    Originally posted by Nikki
                    You are an e-pimp.
                    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                    I tried too, my penis way too big
                    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

gotta love the saweet chromes.... i know next year im gettin some dayton spinners for it...
                      !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                      FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                      SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                      14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Originally posted by ByGeSg6GTP
                        gotta love the saweet chromes.... i know next year im gettin some dayton spinners for it...
                        Daytons on a G6? As in the old wire wheels?........UGHH, nasty.

Them shiats belong on 65 Impalas, or 76 Monte Carlos, or 87 Cutlasses......but NOT A G6.

Please do not subject such a beautiful car to that tragedy.

Those rims belong on Classics or Lowriders, nothing else. Everywhere else they look horrid. But hey, thats just my opinion.

Comment

I would have to agree that would look awful on a G6.

John

Comment

Ah c'mon with a 6" spacer, 13" daytons (gold of course) and white walls facing out, that shit would pimp!
                            BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

I had black 18's on mine and got alot of compliments.... I would do 20's though if I ever got rims again!
                              Originally posted by Toyz
                              Originally posted by simplyred
                              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X