Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To install washer nozzles on wipers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To install washer nozzles on wipers!

If you don't want those ugly snake spitters (washer nozzles) on your hood or you never reinstalled them after getting a hood here is what you have been waiting for! I recently got the AIT hood and found that the washer nozzles from the Grand Prix fit on the wiper arms and the hoses can be hidden away very well with little effort.

You need 2 GM Part #22094728 which are about $8 each. Remove a total of two clips from the cowl, one on each side. Close the hood and have someone put back on the cowl, toward the front of the car, while you drill a 1/4" hole in front of each of the wiper spindles angled toward the front of the car as much as possible. Then thread the "new" hoses down the underside of the wipers, through the middle of the spring and then through the hole you drilled. Don't clip the nozzle onto the wiper arm yet. Open the hood and take the "old" washer fluid hose off of what ever it's attached to until you have the old hose that starts with the first and second rubber connectors and runs all the way to the engine compartment without connecting to anything. When I got mine back from the body shop they just left it dangling free in the engine compartment so I'm not exactly sure what to tell you for that part. Just use your common sense. If you don't have any then never mind. Anyways moving on, where was I oh yeah, pull the old hose out of the second "T shape" connector and hold it against the cowl in front of where you drilled the hole on the driver side of the car. Estimate how much you need to reach that hole once the old hose is fed under the cowl, through the opening that it was originally, and cut it there. Super glue the end of that hose into the T connector. Now pull the new hoses down as far as you can so that you have some slack to work with. Next glue each one of the new hoses into the two rubber connectors and tuck that whole thing under the cowl. Then pull the washer nozzles up to the thin metal part of the wipers and clip them on the under side. Put the two clips back in the cowl close the hood and test your new washer system.

**Pics**

This is the route that the hoses should take.

Here you can see where the hose comes through the cowl for each wiper.

Here you can see how the hose runs up the arm and where the nozzle fits in.

On the driver side wiper I had to add this small T connector to spray some fluid on a part of the windshield that didn't get any. I heated up the spraying end of it and pinched it with pliers to make it fan out the fluid and to provide some pressure.
    sigpic
    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Re: How To install washer nozzles on wipers!

The thought of moving the washer nozzles, never even occured to me. I have the MPD hood, and it would have been kick-ass to remove the nozzles from the hood.

Nice find tho. I may do this anyway, as I find the nozzles are USELESS at high speeds.
    Modifications:
    [Completed] CRAB 03/04 + WMS 91 Octane Tune + MPD Hood w/ Hood Struts + GT-R Exhaust + Red Interior Lighting + De-Badged + Overlays + Chrome Window Trim + 20% Tint + Racingline Strut Bar
    [In Progress] Racingline Mount Inserts / Wiring Kit
    [Later Days] Audio Controls + G6 Mats + New Rims + Tail-Light Replacement + Street Glow + Trunk Sub

Comment

good to know..... I need to do this... pics would be SUPER helpful so....

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

great how to with part numbers!!
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
          good to know..... I need to do this... pics would be SUPER helpful so....

Nice write up though!

Comment

Yeah I finished the project and realized that I should have taken pics for you guys. I don't have time to take it apart and take pics. If you guys need help just pm me. I'm glad to help!
            sigpic
            Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

You don't need to take it apart just take a couple of pics of the finished product to give us an idea of what were doing. Please.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

***With pics now***
                sigpic

Comment

DAMN... it's been a year ALREADY and I still havent done this... I need to order the part to do this!

Comment

If I get a new hood someday, thats when I will do this!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
                    Originally posted by wzbhnn
                    We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Mine held up good since changing them last summer when I got my hood, definitely recommend the change!
                      Current: 2015 Volvo s60 t6 awd r-design platinum

Former: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 3.9L Sedan Silver loaded w/ GT-R Exhaust, CRABS CAB Intake w/ FPU, AIT Carbon Fiber hood & roof wing spoiler, GM Ground Effects Kit, Eagle Eyes black CCFL halo projectors, 18" Konig Airstrike rims, shadow chrome recessed upper/lower grilles, 35% tint all around, tinted tails, Kenwood Excelon X497 Head Unit, R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors, silver door plate sills, Racingline STB, Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires, custom GTP floor/trunk mats, gm carbon silver interior trim kit, CF dart & pillar overlays/plate bracket, rs-1 cf/silver pedals, red calipers w/ GTP logos, chief badge replacements, red/silver painted engine/battery covers, windshield washer relocate

Comment

nice. i want to get rid of them. i like the smooth clean look of the hood.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Working...
                        X