Left my 6 at dealer. Tires replaced under warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left my 6 at dealer. Tires replaced under warranty

I've been having problems with a vibration since I had 2 wheels and tires replaced under an insurance claim.
    It's been to 2 dealers now, been aligned, had the tires force balanced and indexed. After the indexing, it got worse. Now, it has a slight shimmy at 55.
    The dealer called GM and today they are taking new tires and wheels off a new g6 and try them on mine to see if they can diaganose the vibration.
    We'll see what happens. Anyone else have vibration issues?
    I have 17" Chrometechs and Continentals.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

I have the same wheel/tire setup and I'm getting a pretty good vibration lately...but its been raining a lot and I live on a dirt road so I'm assuming its just mud in the wheel wells causing an alignment problem.
    Don't ever live on a dirt road, it sucks.
    I have to clean my car like every other day and its still always dirty...
    "Open Your Mind Before You Open Your Mouth Because You Might Be The One Who's Selling Out"

Comment

I live in a rural community. I was looking to buy another house here, untill I discovered it was 1.2 miles down a gravel road. When snow comes this winter, I didn't think my 6 would make it out.
      Back to my topic:
      The dealer was really interested in my G6Performance stickers in the window, and started asking all kind of questions about what I did to my car as far as modification. When I brought up the strut brace, they asked if the vibration came after I put that on.
      I only put it on 2 weeks ago, and I told the dealer that. I'm supposed to get a call this afternoon.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

How could they even think that a strut brace would cause that kind of problem?

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
          Easy, that would mean that it's an issue with the mod and they don't have to consider the possibility of a warranty repair. Of course it makes no sense when you look at it as a physics problem, but it makes perfect sense when you've gotten used to not trusting dealerships.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCryptic
            Originally posted by TLS2000
            Easy, that would mean that it's an issue with the mod and they don't have to consider the possibility of a warranty repair. Of course it makes no sense when you look at it as a physics problem, but it makes perfect sense when you've gotten used to not trusting dealerships.
            Ya, I understand I guess. But damn...

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I heard from the Service manager late this afternoon, and I must say his attitude was much improved. They didn't have time to test drive however. He did say they tried all combinations of wheels and tires and that they did replace some tires on my G6. He didn't get into it very deep, but I'll have more info sometime tomorrow morning.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Sounds like the tires were out of round. If so, freebies, no questions asked
                BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                ^ The Man
                v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
                  Sounds like the tires were out of round. If so, freebies, no questions asked
                  I had that with a new set of Michelins I put on my STS, and it was hell getting the seller to replace them. But they did finally and then it was much better.
                  SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                  Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                  CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                  Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Latest update

I went by the dealer at lunch. After trying 3 sets of tires, they weren't able to get rid of the vibration. They are talking to GM's tech line, and they now have a vibration sensor installed in the driver's seat.
                    I'm waiting for the service manager to call me after his lunch. Doesn't look like I'll be getting it back today.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Eh bummer. A vibration sensor, under the seat? Isnt there butt enough to know something is wrong? I cant imagine a sensor like that is going to be able to tell them where it is comming from. Anyways i hope they get her fixed for ya, soon!
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

And I will take this opportunity to guarantee you that the dealer came on here looking for your car to see if there was something you did to it.

This happens and they use that information to void your warranty.

I believe the biggest victims were the Mitsu Evo owners.

John
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Well, no G6 for me yet. Now, all 4 tires have been replaced, and it STILL vibrates.
                          I'm gonna shun the vibrator jokes for now.

EDIT:

The Pontiac dealer called a few mintues ago. 8 am. They are replacing ALL my tires with Goodyear LS2's. I know very few actually like this tire, but it's better than having the Continentals that shake.
                          I'll get my G6 back tonight.

EDIT:

After checking the Tirerack site, I realised the LS doesn't come in 50 series. I called the dealer back and found out the tire is Goodyear RS-A
                          Getting all 4 tires replaced. This is the 2nd time I've had all 4 tires replaced.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Ok, I'm getting pretty tired of this.
                            The dealer called late this afternoon, and said that 3 of the Goodyear RS-A's were bad and that they had to order more tires. I did get an apoligy, and said that they would give me a car for tomorrow.
                            I now have 8 tires charged to my G6.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

just a side question..... did they give you a car the whole time they had yours? I am planning on bringing mine in so and was thinking about that.
                              myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

Working...
                              X