ordered everything from Crutchfield
    Rip out my dash to install the radio and the infocenter
    radio works flawless, but the info center is another story
    the right half of the display is BLANK,,,,WTH
    for example i get the word TEMP but no Numbers
    Crutchfield says its a faulty display
    I know u guys dont believe that
    Any ideas..........

Specs on radio and kit invloved? What makes you think it is not a faulty display? If it is the display why dont you just send it back to crutchfield for them to replace it?
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Pioneer CD Player
      Metra 99-3303 info center

I 've never seen an LCD fail perfectly on one half (but i could be wrong)
      crutchfield is sending a new one tommorow, but it will arrive in 7 to 10 days
      so i figured maybe i can try something in the meantime

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
        I 've never seen an LCD fail perfectly on one half (but i could be wrong)
        I have multiple times... So I wouldn't rule that out just cuz its never happend to you...
        Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

I have that same kit, and when I swapped out my radio for a new one, I had the same problem! One side of the display was totally blank. I just unplugged it (the two white plugs), and plugged them back in and I got lucky and it's been working fine since.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

GTPGuy82 u DA MAN!!!
            i ripped my dash out today
            disconnected everything and connected it back again and IT WORKS!!!
            It's weird though.......

Comment

Glad to hear that you got it working correctly. How long did it take you to rip apart the dash again?
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

haha yea I thought mine broke when that happened, I said no way this could have happened to this thing, after paying $120 for it and all.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                  Glad to hear that you got it working correctly. How long did it take you to rip apart the dash again?
                  realistically it took 20 min to get at the factory radio
                  i have the crutchfield directions with pics in PDF format so if any one wants them PM me

Comment

Working...
                  X