Blown Amp...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown Amp...now what?

Well, I opened up my amp and found one of the circuit completely fried. I took a picture of it. I don't think it's easily replaceable because it seems to be welded onto a board of the same kind of circuits, so I can't replace just the one

Anyway, what should I do with it now? Think anybody on craigslist wants it? I'm just gonna buy a new amp, hopefully in the next week or two, but it'd be cool if someone wanted to give me $10 for this amp. It's a good 4-channel amp, I just don't have the patience or knowledge to fix the damn thing.

2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Re: Blown Amp...now what?

Should've bought the warranty :P
    The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
    Making people rage since '05

Comment

I fried my Memphis 500d once, took it to a local Memphis dealer, had it back in about 2 months ($100). Might try finding a dealer for your make/model that can send it off for you, to be repaired. Probably be cheaper.

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
      There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

What you can try is finding another one of those chips, try googling the numbers on there. You should be able to un-solder just the one chip and re-solder one it its place. It is worth trying.
        Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Take a look at this: http://www.bcae1.com/repairbasicsforbca ... basics.htm
          Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Originally posted by Widgetworks
            Should've bought the warranty :P
            Ok, I'm sure the warranty would have covered it 6 years after I bough it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedobear
              I fried my Memphis 500d once, took it to a local Memphis dealer, had it back in about 2 months ($100). Might try finding a dealer for your make/model that can send it off for you, to be repaired. Probably be cheaper.
              I think I only paid $80 for the amp to begin with. Brand new. So, yeah, fixing it for another $50 (or more), I might as well buy a new one. One more suited to what my setup is now, vs. when I bought it originally.

Comment

is that transistor the only thing that looks burned up?

here is a source for parts if you dont have like a electronic supply house somewhere near you (not radioshack): http://www.icelect.com/quote.php

and here is a data sheet for that group of transistors, specifically MOSFETs: http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datashe ... s/5761.pdf

assuming thats the only part that is bad those transistors i would guess would cost around $7-9 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SexyG6
                  Yeppers.

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                    Originally posted by SexyG6
                    Yeppers.
                    i just edited my post above with some info i dug up. i still cant beleive that didnt blow the fuse lol. that what made me think it was the relay and not blown parts is it didnt blow ur fuse lol. i may give ya $10 for the amp if you dont wanna try to fix it, ill let ya know in a day or 2 when i get back home and find out exactly how much that specific transisitor costs. got a pretty decent electronic supply store back home that can order almost any part and get any info needed lol.

Comment

Replace the transistor and you might possibly have to replace resistor r641, undo the board and you can unsolder the transistor and resistor from the back side. Replace them the same way.

Comment

Working...
                      X