Weekend Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Mods

Friday the Dr. Speed CAB and the MPD air box kit both showed up, so Saturday I decided to get busy catching up on some mods.

First, the car went up on jacks and I spent about 5 hours painting and decorating the brake calipers. I used the gloss black Duplicolor Caliper Paint Kit and the orange GTP decals are from xenonmods. Decided to put the decals on both front and rear:

When that was finally done, I spent another 2 hours getting the Dr. Speed CAB installed. I know, it looks just like the one everybody else has. Except I added a small mod of my own to keep the intake and OEM air tube from moving around too much.
    EDIT: Details here: http://g6performance.com/forum/viewt...r=asc&start=51

I decided not to install the MPD air duct right now ... looking to maybe redsign it to fit better with the Dr. Speed CAB.
    (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Looking good Rev
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

whoa!

looks excellent!
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

like the orange decals
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Looks really good! I think I need some of those decals

Comment

Awesome job man. Lovin' the calipers! Makes me think maybe glossy black might be worth it on mine. That mod to secure everything really looks clean too. Maybe you oughta talk to Kyle about selling the design to him or something. Just a thought.
            I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

I really like the calipers. However, the heat of the calipers might get to the decals, but a really good look none the less. If they do fail just get a stencil made up and paint them on.
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

oooo nice! I've always been interested in black painted calipers, and those look excellent! Good work Rev!
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Nice stuff man love the calipers, black is always the way to go imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
                    ... the heat of the calipers might get to the decals ...
                    Yea, I was worried about that, too, but people have mentioned here that they've had the xenonmods decals on other cars for more than two years with no problems ... we'll see
                    (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

horny
                      BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                      ^ The Man
                      v The Legend

Comment

Nice! I as well am diggin those calipers!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Nice Job! I'm going black with the Duplicolor when I get around to it.

The GTP stickers on the brakes are a nice finishing touch.
                          2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

Hey Rev,

Sweet ride and looking sweeter every time you post something new. Car looks awesome! Really like the calipers...GREAT job! :smoke:

BTW, ever figure out where you're going to put the indian heads? Not many have posted pics of them, and curious to see what others have done with 'em.
                            SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                            Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                            CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                            Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Nice work!

Official Sound Dude of the SWO

Comment

Working...
                              X