Quick question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question.

I was driving home tonight and My car dinged and you guessed it power steering! I am taking this to the dealer monday. I have searched and found no definate anwser. My question is will the dealer pay for this? It is a 2005 with only 47000 miles. I bought the car last week It has a 90 day NADN warranty but don't know if they will pay! Thanks guys

2005 Pontiac G6 V6 Dashhawk, Debadge ,Crabs, LED License plate bulb, LED third brake light , Black Emblem Overlays,Tint 35 percent front, 5 percent rear, Energy Susp. Sway bar bushings, Intake resonator delete.
    Soon to come>>>> Racingline STB, Custom Flame job interior/engine, FPU, Cquence slotted rotors, Recessed Grilles, Concept darts, Red Gauge face,

Re: Quick question.

whats an NADN?
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

I Guess it's part of the guardian warranty company. It came free with my car.

2005 Pontiac G6 V6 Dashhawk, Debadge ,Crabs, LED License plate bulb, LED third brake light , Black Emblem Overlays,Tint 35 percent front, 5 percent rear, Energy Susp. Sway bar bushings, Intake resonator delete.
      Soon to come>>>> Racingline STB, Custom Flame job interior/engine, FPU, Cquence slotted rotors, Recessed Grilles, Concept darts, Red Gauge face,

Comment

OMG I cannot believe it the dealer is fixing the steering column for free and said they felt bad they wouldn't be able to fix it until the end of the week and threw in a 2007 grand prix loaded for free to rent for the week! I was expecting a 1000 dollar bill!

Comment

Originally posted by cody0789
          OMG I cannot believe it the dealer is fixing the steering column for free and said they felt bad they wouldn't be able to fix it until the end of the week and threw in a 2007 grand prix loaded for free to rent for the week! I was expecting a 1000 dollar bill!
          Nope, your car falls under the faulty list for the PS problems that G6s are notorious for... don't be surprised if you have to get it replaced a couple more times though...

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
          you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
          CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Just got it back and now it feels loose when steering to the left but tight to the right anyone else have this problem?

Comment

take it back & tell them.....
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Yeah I have felt that on a lot of g6's and cobalts.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

I called them they told me to drive it for a few days then if it keeps on doing it to bring it back in and they will look at it. I was just curious to see if anyone knows what they did to fix it. Car also pulls to the left if you let go of the steering wheel could be out of alignment.

Comment

Took it back to them they test drove it and said it definately felt loose to the left and tight to the right. They said they have never heard of this problem but they are going to research it and get back with me in the morning. They said most liekly they will have to put another column in? Anybody else had this problem? Thanks' guys!

Comment

For future reference and hopefully to help out fellow mebers in the future the problem came from another service bulletin! After being in the shop for a week they found out that the loose feeling to the left and tight feeling to the right was from a probe that needed to be relearned in the steering system.(just in case someone missed it steering wheel was replaced for free by Gm dealer due to Service bulletin) Hopefully I will not have to report back to this post to tell you uys more of my steering lockup issues but for now it is fixed!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X