WTF is THAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is THAT?

Okay so i was installing my own intake the other day, i removed the resontator and installed the couplers ect. But then i noticed this and i wasnt sure what it was. Looks like im leaking some sorta oil or perhaps trans fluid?

Here is a pic of the intake:

And down lower next to the engine where the old intake box was is this:

So now im asking to see if any of the resident engine experts can tell me if i should be worried or if its just some spilt oil?
    Thanks for the help!

Re: WTF is THAT?

I noticed the samething on mine... I just wiped it off with a rag.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
    Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

It could be refrigerant leaking from your cooling system......refrigerant has oil in the system, so double check it.

Hate to have a refrigerant leak and not know it.
      "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

What problems are associated with that type of leak?

Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
          It could be refrigerant leaking from your cooling system......refrigerant has oil in the system, so double check it.

cooling system uses coolant (or "water"), a/c system uses refrigerant.

Comment

okay so this is a oil or coolant leak??

Comment

Originally posted by ThatAttGuy
              okay so this is a oil or coolant leak??
              looks more like oil to me. stick your finger in it and find out.

?

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16

Yeah, that's right, I was referring to his AC system....Sorry for confusing the tenter mind

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16

Yeah, that's bud, I was referring to his AC system....Sorry for confusing the tenter mind
                  i don't see any of the neon green compressor oil anywhere in the area, what leads you to think that it's an a/c system leak?

Comment

Let me try this again....
                    The AC system refrigerant, most likely r134, has oil in it, and if there is a refrigerant leak, there could be a sign of oil....

Last time I looked, there is a refrigerant line for the AC system near the box where his intake was....

Sorry for confusing anyone...The coolant in the engines cooling system isn't green either. Isn't dex-cool pinkish? So there wouldn't be any green around for a coolant leak.

Comment

Originally posted by JGP21
                      I noticed the samething on mine... I just wiped it off with a rag.

I'm thinking you have a good point, lets see if the author of this thread just wipes it up.

Comment

Let me try this again....
                        The AC system refrigerant, most likely r134, has oil in it, and if there is a refrigerant leak, there could be a sign of oil....

Last time I looked, there is a refrigerant line for the AC system near the box where his intake was....

Sorry for confusing anyone...The coolant in the engines cooling system isn't green either. Isn't dex-cool pinkish? So there wouldn't be any green around for a coolant leak.
                        no shit sherlock that's why i asked why you thought it was a a/c leak, not a coolant leak. dex-cool is orange, not pink. a/c refrigerant has compressor oil in it that is a bright neon green, much lighter color than dark green coolant (which GM doesn't use) which is why i pointed out the lack of any green around the leak. i don't see any neon green around his leak so i am wondering WHY YOU THINK IT IS AN A/C LEAK? it's a simple fucking question not a personal attack on your intellect so why not quit acting like a condescending douche bag towards me and just answer the question and maybe we can help the OP find the source of his leak?

Comment

get along everyone.... lol i know its not tranny fluid but beyond that idk... only thing that i could see leaking in that spot is ac line/or water pump but doesnt look like either of them so just clean it up and check your fluids often
                          Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Touch it. What color is it. It may narrow it down a bit.

BTW he thinks it's that because there is a line running though behind where the filter is. HENCE, it may be coming from there.

Comment

Well i touched it lol, i had to squeeze my hand all the way down there. Its a yellowish, or oil fluid. Seems too yellow to be oil though, then again i just got an oil change so its just new? Ill snap some pix tomorrow n see. Get under the car idk.

Comment

Working...
                              X