Important suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important suspension question

For those of you who didn't know I got into an accident.... I got into an accident. It bent my driver side rear hub inwards and back a little. I replaced the control arm which was bent to almost 90 degrees... But the wheel is still toe'd out (the front of the tire is out) just a litte but enough , which screws up my steering especially above 50 mph. The wheel isn't bent, I put on another wheel and it was still toed out. My question is, what part causes toe on the rear suspension of a FWD car? In other words, does anyone know what I need to replace? I looked and compared it to the ot her side, all looks good, I guess... The stock parts are bent oddly as it is so its hard to tell. Any info? Thanks a million. I need to get this car back in order, Im paying a lot for it.
    2007 G5 Base Model
    Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Are you sure the parts aren't okay, but whatever they mount to isn't bent or twisted? I know you probably already thought of this, but maybe you could measure the same points on the other side of the car for comparison.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Yea, the mounting points seem to be fine...... it maaay be the lower conrol arm im still looking. thanks for the input though!

Update. I pulled out the busted shock and the car rides better than it did with the blown one on there, lol. Just until I can come up with 75 to get a new one from Pontiac.

Also, I found what looks like a trailing arm, the bushing/ bushing sleeve was all kinds of cock eyed, so me and my hammer convinced it to straighten out. The wheel is still crooked but not as much. Its off by just under an 1/8th of an inch at the front of the brake rotor.

I may end up just having to take it in. I need to replace a brake line anyways. I just dont want to go to the dealer I got it from or it may raise a few eyebrows as to why my full coverage didn't bring the car right back to them in the first place.
      2007 G5 Base Model
      Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

did you check your tie rod ends? or the whole tie rod at that. if your control arms were bent up so badly it is possible the tie rod was damaged. and alignment should be able to get rid of the toe condition for you (although it won't repair the damaged parts causing the problem).

Comment

Oh, it was in the rear end. Still haven't been able to pin-point it yet though, I haven't had too much time to look for it with my new work schedule, but thanks a lot for the input!
          2007 G5 Base Model
          Black 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
          X