Idea: Factory look on / off button for Aux stuf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: Factory look on / off button for Aux stuf

The idea came to me looking through the Interior Modiication threads.

Basically gives you a factory button in a factory location for a custom mod.

1) Order aother TC button
    2) Remove the Cigaret lighter, and install it next to the original
    3) Use the wires going to the origial lighter/accessory power

I would somehow scrape off the new (TC) and place some other graphic on it. Maybe if all fits, I would move the real TC closer to me and leave the other button to turn something on or off.

I had no real innterest in say a red neon underdash light, but after thinking I could hide all the wires and have a factory looking button to turn on some custom Thing.... I thik I would do it just to do the button.

Anyone out there who knows electrical stuff interested in taking this Idea the next step to see if the wires running from the real TC button could be used in conjunction with the wires running to the original cigarette lighter as a way to toggle power?

2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

interesting idea. adding a second button is one thing, i'm not sure i would want to disable the TC button though.

Comment

that's a decent idea...
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
        ...i'm not sure i would want to disable the TC button though.

Keep the original TC button, (perhaps swap it's location with the Aux one that is right next to it. - This TC Button / functionality does not change.

Get Another TC button from GM, and put it in place of the lighter that is there now. Use the existing wiring runing to the lighter/aux port (with wiring modified on the new TC button???) to Turn Stuff on and off
        2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

After having my car in for a Driver Seat frame replacement, I talked to Rick, a mechanic at my dealer...

This part can be ordered for $29... Rick thought that it would also include the trim ring around it (may be part of the button)

As it turns out, Rick is replacing a center console in about a week. He thinks that the button from the replaced center console can wind up in my posession!

Comment

I really like the idea, so please keep us updated.
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Part number 22734491 $21.17

Comment

that would be a good idea, but just remember that the TC button lights up, so I don't think you'd be able to scrape the graphic off of it. You'd have to cover it up with something.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

You could always paint the button a solid color (black).
                  It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Would we also need a harness for that particular switch also, seeing as most of the gm switches us a multi-prong connector?
                    It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Working...
                    X