My Exhaust! Video inside!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Exhaust! Video inside!!

Finnaly realized my digital camera does video/audio, lol.

My exhaust consists of all new piping from teh cat back, resonator has been replaced with a larger magnaflow unit and then the single pipe was split with a T behind the rear "axle" and out each side with 3" Chrome pencil tips. Also have the GTP lower valance, too. Horsepower increase?? Probably 1.. maybe 2, lol. Don't really see any increase in fuel savings, either. I love the sound, I might ditch the single magnaflow muffler in teh middle and go to one at teh end on each side with a built in 3.5" chrome tip.. I dunno, I change my mind too often, lol.

Total cost- about $200.00 with valance and pipe.

Click here to watch Exhaust11
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

oh that's beautiful
    "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

that is fuggin sweet, can you list the specifics of the muffler, size pipe, resonator, whatever else you used for this setup. And for a total price of 200 including the GTP rear valence cover that is dirt cheap. Let me know I'd like to get something done to my exhaust.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Mandrel bent?
        "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

Yes mandrel bends.

The muffler used at teh center of the car is a Magnaflow 2-1/2" inlet 2-1/2" outlet SS performance muffler. It's part # 14416 and it's currently on sale at summit for less than $55.00.

I'm going to be 100% honst with you guys.. the car sounds 99% the same with leaving the factory resonator in and removing the rear muffler. I toyed around with it at teh muffler shop, damn near no diffrnece. I replaced the resonator anyways just to be cool, lol.

Comment

Also.. mandrel bends aren't really necceary, there are only 2 mandrel mends under the car adn thats the point where the pipe comes fromthe t and angles over to teh tips. So, it could ahve been done for less than 180.00.

Shoot.. sdubtract eh muffler and use teh resonaotr, could have the smae sound for $120.00 or so. :idea:

Comment

I cant see it?!
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Wow...that sounds good
                2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

wait so you put that muffler under the car?? Then you said you put back on the resonator or not??I don't think I have any idea whats going on.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

LMAO, it's okay Lojac.

I orignally had them remove the factory muffler and use the factory resonator just to see what it sounded like. SOunded the same as it does now. I already had the magnaflow muffler and just had them swap the resonator with the magnaflow... which is what the car has now (and in teh video). TRUST ME, the car sounds no diffrent between stock resonator and no muffler.. or using the magnaflow muffler inplace of the factory resonator and having NO muffler behind the car.

If that makes any sense.

Comment

I'd like to play around with setups but I just don't have the time to

Comment

That sounds pretty badass man!
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

That sounds wild!
                          Originally posted by Lampoon
                          I dub your car.....The Red Hot Chili Pepper!!
                          '06 GTP with Tapshift.

Comment

Any idea how maybe a Flowmaster would sound on these cars? I have a bud with a VW Jetta VR6 and I'm not sure what type of exhaust he put on that car but it sounds sooo nice.

Comment

ok how much was the dual outlet fascia? Did you just buy the GTP one from the dealer?
                              Doctor Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X