Wheel offset for '06 G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel offset for '06 G6

Does anyone know the factory wheel offset for the G6? I don't want to deal with any adapters when I buy new rims.

i am not sure if they are all the same but the offset of the GTP is 40mm.

Comment

I hate to jack this thread but...

I'm not familiar with wheels and offsets WHAT SO EVER, since the GTP is +40mm offset, what would a +45mm offset do, and would it work?
      2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire2332
        I hate to jack this thread but...

I'm not familiar with wheels and offsets WHAT SO EVER, since the GTP is +40mm offset, what would a +45mm offset do, and would it work?
        Some reading for you:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/tec ... techid=101

Offset is basically how from from the center of the wheel the hub mating surface is. Positive is outboard.

As for the question.....A 45mm might work. Are they the same size width as the stock ones, which is 7"? Generally for a wider wheel you go to a slightly lower offset (i.e. instead of a 40 you go to 37). I've noticed that the clearnance to the strut is pretty close up from so I would investigate it a lot more before buying them.
        04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
        Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

18x7.5 with the 45mm offset
          2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

how about a +35mm offset with 19 x 7.5 rims

Comment

I have no idea guys. I am going to run a 18x7.5 with a 40 offset. The height doesn't matter so I assume that will work. Check the inner clearance to the strut to see if that 5mm inboard will matter for the 45 offset. The 35 "should" work, but some hubs don't like the added stress of a bigger lever arm.
              04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:

Comment

That TireRack link is a good one. I'd go there to see if you can find any rims that they say will fit our cars, that have a 45mm offset.

I have looked at a lot of rims for our car, and am going with 18x7.5 at +42mm offset. Tirerack and WheelDealersDirect said that, (the later is where I ordered my rims from) size will fit.
                2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

I have 20x8.5 and my offset is a 45.
                  Originally posted by Nikki
                  You are an e-pimp.
                  Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I tried too, my penis way too big
                  07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                  My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                  The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

My new wheels are 18x7.5" with a +40 offset with 245/40-18 and they have zero problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X